Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bunnybass... huh?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Scott French, May 22, 2004.

1. Scott French

Scott French Dude Supporting Member

May 12, 2004
    Grass Valley, CA
    I was wodering if anyone knows exactly what's going on with these guys... First they change up the site and focus on selling instruments, then they stop selling them and turn into a subscription archive, shortly afterwards the site goes down completely, now it looks like the site is back but a lot of the links aren't working and there's a bunch of missing images?

Did they sell off the site to someone else? For some reason that's the feeling I get. I've tried emailing them a few times as I was in contact with them a bit just before the BBMIA change over. I haven't heard anything back. Maybe some of the builders around here that have had more contact with them might know what's going on?

2. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    Great guys (John), loved the site when it was at it's best! Great basses! Rare to boot!

I miss the site. Lots a fun!

3. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    Bunny bass was a great site when they were in the business selling. They kept alot of rare instruments in stock. Harry was a great guy...dealt with him many of times.
    Hope all of them are doing well.

On another note......

BustinJustin,

" I never knew you, you where a roller skater"

Who sang it, what album, what song?

The answer is.......

Steely Dan
    The Royal Scam (1976)
    Everything You Did

Hope that helps........

4. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    Oh I have the teachers book, I know all the answers :D ;)

The girl that was on there (like Amy or Miko maybe) was quite sick at times if I remember. I hope she is in good health now.

5. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    I think someone bought site and name and is going to re-open it.

Peace,
    JP

6. It was my favorite site, I bought a wonderful bass from them and miss the old gang, Jon (great photos and inst. analysis. Mimi (great dry wit) and the others.

7. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    AHHHHH MIMI!!!!

hell yeah funny girl

8. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Absolutely incredible photos, too. I still have a copy of the info on photographing basses.

9. Scott French

May 12, 2004
    Grass Valley, CA
    Yeah, it was one of my favorite sites too. I only ever talked to Jon and Nancy via email but really started loving all the people involved in the site over the years. It was(is) sad to see it going through changes/problems. I was hoping to start selling some of my instruments through them or at least get some feedback/reviews since they've played/sold so many great instruments.

10. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE

hey Scott, be sure to post some of your work here. If I remeber well, i was amazed with some basses I saw on the MIMF...

Peace,
    JP

11. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
  12. Scott French

May 12, 2004
    Grass Valley, CA
    Thanks for compliment, JP. I think you probably said the nicest thing I've ever been told about my black carved top/back guitar when I posted it on MIMF. That means a lot to me especially since it's coming from someone that's built so many beautiful instruments.

I'm hoping to post some new stuff very soon (instead of old things). I'm working on a carved top/back singlecut bass that I am very proud of. The 3/4" top wood is something I haven't seen anyone else use so I am excited to see what people think of it.

13. I was one of BunnyBass' first customers when I purchased a '90 boire Warwick Dolphin, and later Jon went well out of his way to put the deal together for my current #1, the Wal 5 fretless. Jon and Mimi always treated me wonderfully. I hope that all is well with the whole crew - they're all great folks.

Hey - it was great to find the archive open again and see Jon's superb bass shots, including ones of the two "bunnybasses" that I own.