1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Burger King Mascot "King Creepy"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bassman7PM, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Bassman7PM

Bassman7PM

Mar 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Ok, is it just me? I find the Burger King Mascot King to be totally creepy, as in child predator creepy. And what's with this commerical with Sponge Bob and Sir Mix a Lot, what the hell does square butts have to do with marketing a kids meal? Maybe I'm getting old.

2. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    Idk, but I found the square butts thing HIGHLY inapropriate, and I'm a teenager.

3. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    yeah, i agree. i dont think a 10 year old should be hearing "booty is booty."

4. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    He's supposed to be creepy. It's ironic.

5. Bassman7PM

Bassman7PM

Mar 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    :confused: Another case of mystery meat?

6. lopxtc

lopxtc

Jan 18, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    Guys if Im not mistaken those commercials are not aimed at kids. They are (at least in my area) shown at night and they are targeting adults. Knowing most kids are into Spongebob they are playing to the adults not only with the draw of Spongebob, but the fact that the price is only $0.99 for the kids meals.

Aaron

7. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    The Mitten
    Yeah it's creepy!!

It freaks my wife out whenever she sees a commercial

8. Creepy. My wife makes me change the channel. Seriously.

9. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    the one that used to freak me out is when the guy wakes up in the morning and that thing is laying next to him holding a breakfast sandwich staring at him. I've had bad trips that weren't that creepy..

10. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Oh yeah, but there is ONE BK commercial that stands out in my mind as by far, the most disturbing, creepiest and unsettling of them all. Prepare yourself and click below. (no, it's NOT a rickroll, god I wish it was...)

11. Papazita

Papazita

Jun 27, 2008
    Ohio
    I like that Loaded Steakhouse burger, but I think more than one in your lifetime will kill you. :eek:

12. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

[​IMG]

13. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    It's not just you! :D He MEGA creeps me out. :eyebrow:

14. +1
    I too am a teenager and I think it is inapropriate.

15. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    When I first saw it, I said to myself, "can they really do that?!" I was shocked.

16. Bassman7PM

Bassman7PM

Mar 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL

Now that was just Soooo wrong on Sooooo many levels :help:

17. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    Meh...I think the king is hilarious.

Yeah the sponge bob commercial is borderline corrupting our youth but remember that kids don't know who Sir Mixalot is or that butts are sexy...they just find them funny.

Before we lynch burger king go after the people who make Bratz dolls....those things are destroying young minds.

18. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Wow,I won't be able to sleep tonight too.With the nightmare session I'm having these days,this definitely won't help me...

19. I think Mattel has already taken care of that for you.

20. Bassman7PM

Bassman7PM

Mar 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    I totally disagree. Knowing most kids are into Spongebob they're directly playing to the generation of Nickelodeon fans with the draw of Spongebob. Correct me if I'm wrong but the commercials only reference to any BK menu item is the $0.99 kids meals.

Here's the long version and there's NO mention of any kind of meal, only Sponge Bob and characters: