Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Burgundy mist jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Funk, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk

Oct 10, 2001
    Virginia
    Anyone have pics of a jazz in Burgundy Mist? I would love to see them if possible. Thanks! :cool:

2. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I LOOOOOVE burgundy mist as a cutom color. When I finally get around to ordering a Lull for myself, it will probably be in burgundy mist with a matching headstock! I've found a few photos of this color scheme on a jazz bass from time to time with just a regular google search, but unfortunately I don't have any of them saved on my computer. You'll also find a number of strats jazzmasters in that color combo too. :bassist:

3. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    This is my 62 RI from the Fender America Custom Shop finished in Burgundy Mist Metallic. The headstock is finished natural.

I sold it a couple of years ago.

[​IMG]

4. Sigma B

Sigma B

Mar 31, 2004
    hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

still thinking about that one :confused:

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Bleh. Looks like salmon.

6. :spit:

Thornton, i think that bass looking terrific! :)

7. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    YES! That's the stuff, right there! Woo Hoo! :hyper: :D Love it, love it, love it. :D Is that a mid-60's original, a refin, or a refinished '62 Reissue?

8. Sigma B

Sigma B

Mar 31, 2004
    nope, deffinitely not my bag. But everyone of course it entitled to their opinion of beauty. I'm sure it *sounds* beautiful ;)

9. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    It's a MIJ '62 RI. I'm still trying to figure out the origins of this bass. It has Made in Japan stamped under the neckplate but the serial # coincides with an original '60-'61 jazz bass and not a MIJ bass. I was told that it's a 2003 Japan Custom shop, but I don't think there really is a Japan Custom shop.

I'll pull it apart and check the neck stamp itself eventually. I do know that it plays and sounds fantastic, and that's the important part. Plus it looks like a million bucks.

10. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
  11. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    And that's what I thought this might be, but it's stamped MIJ and those were MIM AFAIK.

12. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    Jugghaid, your's is definitely not the MIM. The mexicans have the regular 3 knobs, not stacked.

13. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    I know, but someone could have swapped 'em. It has cloth covered vintage wiring too.

14. Can you post a bigger photo? It is hard to see. Looks nice but would like a bigger photo.

15. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Okay, it's not a Jazz Bass, but it is certainly Burgundy Mist!

[​IMG]

I got the idea for the color from Guy Pratt's BM '64 Jazz from the Bass Book, though. :D

16. That is... wierd I guess. I cant decide if I like it, I would never expect to see that scheme on a bass. What kind is it?

17. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I have one of those. It's my favorite Jazz bass! I don't have a good digital pic of it. If this thread is still hangin' around after the holidays, I'll try to post a pic...

18. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    Sorry, I just copied that off Dave's Guitars site. If you click on it it will open a slightly bigger version. These are really nice basses. I've played about 4 different ones and they were all great. The neck is my favorite part. Super glossy and more full feeling. I'm not a fan of these modern satin, flat, think necks.