1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Burnin' a hole

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by r05c03, Aug 8, 2005.

1. r05c03

r05c03

Jul 21, 2005
    Lafayette, IN
    Okay this weekend I had 1000 to spend and went to a guitar store wanting to look at the Music Man S.U.B.s in particular. I was not overly impressed with their tone, so I held off buying it. I played some others Spector (did not like the looks), Schrecter etc (CB-4, liked it but they only had the xxx series and I am not in to dancing girl fret inlays), that I really liked but I had not read enough about them to feel secure in walking out of the door with one. Insted I walked out the door with an Ampeg BA-115HP, which will do me right for the forseeable future.

SO, That leaves me with about 300 bones to spend on a bass. I have nice Ibanez Semi-hollow body, and a so-so GSR 200. I want a good basic rock bass. I am looking for suggestions in this price range. I am seriously considering something from Rondo music such as the SX line (would leave me enough mulla for some upgrades, or knick knacks) or a Brice. Getting a 5-string might be something I am interested in.

AT ANY RATE. I am looking for a good bass for under 350. What about those ESP-LTD Vipers Suggestions? Thanks!

2. bass555

bass555

Mar 16, 2005
    Howz about an SX Jazz 5 string; I just got one and she plays great, plus if you want, you would still have about $150 for some nice Bartolinis and a set up