Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Burnin' a hole

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by r05c03, Aug 8, 2005.

1. r05c03

r05c03

Jul 21, 2005
    Lafayette, IN
    Okay this weekend I had 1000 to spend and went to a guitar store wanting to look at the Music Man S.U.B.s in particular. I was not overly impressed with their tone, so I held off buying it. I played some others Spector (did not like the looks), Schrecter etc (CB-4, liked it but they only had the xxx series and I am not in to dancing girl fret inlays), that I really liked but I had not read enough about them to feel secure in walking out of the door with one. Insted I walked out the door with an Ampeg BA-115HP, which will do me right for the forseeable future.

SO, That leaves me with about 300 bones to spend on a bass. I have nice Ibanez Semi-hollow body, and a so-so GSR 200. I want a good basic rock bass. I am looking for suggestions in this price range. I am seriously considering something from Rondo music such as the SX line (would leave me enough mulla for some upgrades, or knick knacks) or a Brice. Getting a 5-string might be something I am interested in.

AT ANY RATE. I am looking for a good bass for under 350. What about those ESP-LTD Vipers Suggestions? Thanks!

2. bass555

bass555

Mar 16, 2005
    Howz about an SX Jazz 5 string; I just got one and she plays great, plus if you want, you would still have about $150 for some nice Bartolinis and a set up