1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

burnin money and GAS

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kearney, Apr 3, 2005.

1. kearney

kearney

Jul 5, 2004
    so my dad says hell give me 200$ if i make honor roll( what a great guy :smug: ) so im pretty damn sure i made honor roll so im counting my chickens before they hatch, or whatever.

so the real question is what do i get?
    i have a jazz bass and a crate BX100 and a spare Kustom k150 (combos) and i have mics and stands and im looking at the following:
    epiphone EB-0 bass,
    epiphone Dot Studio Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar,
    Dean boca 12 string guitar,
    ibanez GAXB150 bass,
    or maybe a wireless kit, but last night, i saw someone try a suicide (bass over the head in a circle) and the bass flew off and broke the wireless (wasnt his bass, wasnt his wireless, he was like a guest bassist) so thats turin me off

so im asking you guys to help me spend my money, so dig in

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeah, I sure wouldn't buy a wireless if I saw that!

3. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Save up and get a better amp.Seriously

4. kearney

kearney

Jul 5, 2004
    whaa? i love my crate, its got real good sound and it was a bargain, 200$

5. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    I'd get a summer job and use the $200 as a first layaway payment on something high-end. You may like your Crate now, but I bet you'll outgrow it quickly, and the same would probably hold true for the GAXB150, the Dot, or any of the other budget models you mentioned. Just my advice, but I was in a similar situation once, and I outgrew the stuff I thought was great at the time. The only stuff I have left from my teens is a souped-up Bassman 2x15 from the '70s.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If you're playing live, you'll love being wireless. I just use a cheapy Nady but it sounds ok. Got it for $100.

If you play in Drop D at all, get a Hipshot D tuner (about $70) a good strap if you need one (about $30-40) or a Tascam CD-BT1 mkII Bass Trainer (about $150) with the soft case with speakers for another $20.