burnin money and GAS

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kearney, Apr 3, 2005.

1. kearney

Jul 5, 2004
    so my dad says hell give me 200$ if i make honor roll( what a great guy :smug: ) so im pretty damn sure i made honor roll so im counting my chickens before they hatch, or whatever.

so the real question is what do i get?
    i have a jazz bass and a crate BX100 and a spare Kustom k150 (combos) and i have mics and stands and im looking at the following:
    epiphone EB-0 bass,
    epiphone Dot Studio Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar,
    Dean boca 12 string guitar,
    ibanez GAXB150 bass,
    or maybe a wireless kit, but last night, i saw someone try a suicide (bass over the head in a circle) and the bass flew off and broke the wireless (wasnt his bass, wasnt his wireless, he was like a guest bassist) so thats turin me off

so im asking you guys to help me spend my money, so dig in
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeah, I sure wouldn't buy a wireless if I saw that!
  3. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Save up and get a better amp.Seriously
  4. kearney

Jul 5, 2004
    whaa? i love my crate, its got real good sound and it was a bargain, 200$
  5. WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    I'd get a summer job and use the $200 as a first layaway payment on something high-end. You may like your Crate now, but I bet you'll outgrow it quickly, and the same would probably hold true for the GAXB150, the Dot, or any of the other budget models you mentioned. Just my advice, but I was in a similar situation once, and I outgrew the stuff I thought was great at the time. The only stuff I have left from my teens is a souped-up Bassman 2x15 from the '70s.
  6. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If you're playing live, you'll love being wireless. I just use a cheapy Nady but it sounds ok. Got it for $100.

If you play in Drop D at all, get a Hipshot D tuner (about $70) a good strap if you need one (about $30-40) or a Tascam CD-BT1 mkII Bass Trainer (about $150) with the soft case with speakers for another $20.