1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Burning Earth- for fans of Wintersun, Meshuggah

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by velvetkevorkian, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Hey all, if you like you're metal extreme but with tunes you might want to check out my band, Burning Earth. We try to be a bit different from the usual power metal crowd, and combine our love of polyrhythms and powercheese. Any comments gratefully accepted. :bassist:

2. I am thoroughly enjoying "The Scaven Cleaver".

3. Linkert

Linkert Guest

Oct 24, 2006
    Why should meshuggah fans like this? - Im not being an ass, i just don't see why after listening to every song.

4. Pretty nice stuff. I like the recording, how'd you get such a good sound? And I agree, doesn't sound that much like Meshuggah except for one 'chug chug' riff. Nice bass melody!

5. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Pretty good!

6. Cheers for the comments guys! I tend to overplay the Meshuggah aspect I guess, although the drummer is a big fan. Edited the title to something more appropriate ;)

For the recording, all the guitars went through a PodXT straight into Cubase. Bass was DI'd straight through a wee Behringer mixer, drums are all triggered and the vocals were done in my guitarist's bedroom I think.

Thanks again for listening.