Burns Bison Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SmallFace, Mar 28, 2002.

1. Hello everyone! I am new here (and also from Sweden), so please try to be nice to me ;)

Okay, enough about me. I wonder if anyone could tell me a little about the reissue Burns Bison bass! Tried it? What did you think? I have never seen it IRL - very understandable as I live up here in the north ;) Anyway I find it extremely cool and good looking! Seems to be quite good value for the money (not to expensive, IMO), too.

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I havent seen one before... Is there a website where I can check it out??
  3. Hej och välkommen,
    they do sell Burns Basses at Jam (http://www.jam.se, I even think they're the distributors of Burns gear in Sweden, but I'm not sure), and since you live in Stockholm, why don't you just hit the redline to Mörby Centrum, get off at Tekniska Högskolan and then walk the few hundred yards to Jam? They probably have some in stock, but if you don't want to go there in vain, just give them a call first to make things clear (their phone number is on the website).
    And BTW, I've never seen any of those Burnses in the flesh. But I'd like to since I dig their design in general.

Lycka till, and tell us if you liked it or not!
  4. Tackar, tackar! :)

You are absolutely right! I really don't know why I haven't been to JAM yet, as it is not very far from where I live. As soon as possible, I will go there and try the damn thing out! Can't wait to get there - the bass sure does look cool and inviting :)
  5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I am so, so sorry, NewSwede, but that bass belongs over at BunnyBass. Sorry.
  6. LowEndRider

LowEndRider Guest

Mar 4, 2002
    Burns are great basses - it's a shame they changed the head, they had a real quaint scroll head (as on my '64 bison) - real character instrument.
    Are they still using the single coils?....
  7. Yes, as far as I know they are still using their own very special (single-coil) PUPs - former known as "rez-o-matic" and now called "Tri-Sonic" (I think)! Considering the three pickups and the five-way selector switch, these basses must have a lot of cool tones ("wild dog" etc) available :)