Burns Bison!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AndyBell, Jul 8, 2002.

1. AndyBell

AndyBell Guest

May 23, 2002
    york, england
    this baby is a beauty. my rock n roll band would sound good with it but is it worth buying? ive heard that its not as good as the cusom bison though. andy bell in oasis uses one and it sounds quality. what do you recon? is it worth getting?
  2. Burns Bisons are absolutely fantastic if you're after an old fashioned rock bass, which I take it you are, so get one!

I've got a Burns Marquee and although it is missing modern features such as active EQ and comfort balancing/contouring stuff its got so much character its unbelievable and bisons are even better!

Be warned that bisons are fairly heavy and not particularly well balanced (huge headstock you see)

But they are amazing!

Okay everyone else probably thinks they are crap but I like 'em!
  3. AndyBell

AndyBell Guest

May 23, 2002
    york, england
    they look great aswell. how heavy are they? they cant be that heavy can they? if andy bell can man it, and he is lanky, i dont see why everyone cant?
  4. Nah they don't weigh as much as your 5+ string basses and stuff, but I'm even lankier than Andy so I find 'em a bit weighty!

Although, to paraphrase a great film - "The weight is a sign of reliability"

Also the extra huge body (they are MASSIVE) does make them sound pretty great. Go for it!

(I would if I had the cash!)