1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BURNS FURY - NEW Bass Guitar and Drum Band!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BurnsFury, Jul 16, 2012.

1. BurnsFury

BurnsFury

Jan 10, 2012
    Hey guys I just recently got a band together. We have a fairly crappy recording up, but are in the process of getting better quality up soon. So stay tuned for updates.

The band is a bass and drum band (DFA79, Lightning Bolt, Om, Etc.) With more of a bluesy, hard rock, western, heavy boot stomping feel. Here is our bandcamp...

http://burnsfury.bandcamp.com

and our facebook...

http://www.facebook.com/burnsfury

Which will be a good place to keep up with us!

Thanks for any feedback, good or bad.

2. BurnsFury

BurnsFury

Jan 10, 2012
    No feedback?

3. dbd1963

dbd1963

May 18, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    That recording job is a little hard to hear. The song sounds pretty good in terms of songwriting and musicianship from what I can hear.

Now, I'm all about the rhythm section, but I dunno about this sort of thing. I'm missing another element. Often the bass provides a countermelody to some other instrument, but that can never happen here. I think I'd get bored pretty quickly..

Plus, to fill it up, the bass has to go into all kinds of sonic territory, which can be cool, but now no one is filling in the sweet bass tone spot. That bass sound you get in that mix is not awesome. So I think I'm just not a fan of this genre -- and it's not the songwriting or performance, but the elements that are missing that sours me on it.

I mean, get a guitar player and make him your bitch, but fill that sonic area with something that won't just be a mirror of what you're playing.

Or even just get some pedals and use your foot?

But, aside from my reservations about the genre, it's probably going to stick around despite my protests after all, what I'd like to hear is a full song with a better recording job so that I can get an idea of what you are presenting.

4. BurnsFury

BurnsFury

Jan 10, 2012
    Thank you!

And yes I agree with you completely on having the full sonic range covered. Thats an issue im having recording at the moment.

In my rig set up I have my instrument signal split into two channels. One channel is clean, with octave down. The other has is ran through a pog, and other misc effects depending on the song, that fill in an octave up and two octave ups. Live it sounds great, recording I have yet to get it down with the equipment I have available.

Feedback from people that come and listen to us out my friends house has been really positive. Mostly that we dont sound like a two piece, that we sound like a full band. So Im excited to finally start playing some live shows, and get the recordings sounding right.

5. BurnsFury

BurnsFury

Jan 10, 2012
    Bump

6. BurnsFury

BurnsFury

Jan 10, 2012
    Any more feedback? Checking again this week and then im done with this topic.

7. hachi kid

hachi kid

Jun 2, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm not the craziest about it...the recording needs to be much better since it's tough to hear what's going on. the the chord progressions sound a little too familiar for my taste...

8. BurnsFury

BurnsFury

Jan 10, 2012
    Have a new track with better recording here:
    http://burnsfury.bandcamp.com/track/barnstormer

Really happy with the bass sound on this one. Keep in mind this is only a single bass track, effect pedals are adding all the different octaves.

9. BurnsFury

BurnsFury

Jan 10, 2012
    bump