Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Feb 16, 2001.

1. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i have seen the videotape of tha new live album of Oasis.
    i have been amazed by the bass player, Andy Bell. he plays a burns bison bass. do you know something more abouy this kind of instrument? have you ever played one?
  2. Adam Clayton

Adam Clayton

Jan 19, 2001
    I've not played one but I know the are making re-issues now (sell for around £399) - I think Andy Bells is an original.

I have seen photo's of the Bison and it looks pretty cool - has tri-sonic pickup's etc.

They also do a short scale "Marque" bass
  3. I've never heard one, but the Burns Bisons are damn neat looking.

Kenan Sugar O'Brien
    The Sound of the Police
  4. I had an original one back in the '60s, and in those days it was very cool, but I would'nt want one today. One of the best (coolest) features was the selector switch which had a setting called "wild dog"!
  5. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Not quite what you asked for but the Burns reissue of the Shadow bass got a great review in bassist. It´s good looking and wellmade but the neck is as wide as the 57/62 P-bass reissues, and that I don´t like. There is also a korean made reissue of the marquee bass out now. Not the same quality but sounds good aswell and costs way less than the shadow.

Here is the lik to the review:
    Quantized Harmonic likes this.
  6. Foxton

Jul 12, 2000
    For those of you who can purchase the current March 2001 issue of "Guitarist". There will be a gear review on the Burns Marquee Bass.
    I know I'll have it
  7. AndyBell

AndyBell Guest

May 23, 2002
    york, england
    yeah, i love the bison andy bell plays at wembley! where can i buy one just like it?
  8. I own a Reissue Burns Marquee which is pretty groovy, but the bison is better, i Think. I only got the marquee instead because I found one second hand for a lot less money. The Bison is very similar to a Marquee but is longer and heavier and has more insane switching options and stuff.
  9. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    really in love with the bison!! and Mr. Andy bell is a great pop rock bassplayer.

i love it in black!
    these really sound good, trust me!

10. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    too bad it looks soo fugly :(

11. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    to me in black it looks GREAT!
  12. AndyBell

AndyBell Guest

May 23, 2002
    york, england
    black does look gorgeous. i have one myself in black and i almost cream whenever i look at it. its the most beautiful bass ever created in my opinion.. lovely rock n roll sound with nice sustain and pick up selections too. only the really cool boys are allowed them though :p