1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Burnt Infant ==> New Orleans.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Burnt Infant will be playing shows in New Orleans soon. Why? Because I got myself a job building/marketing boutique electric guitars there, that's why.

So, as of this coming weekend, I will start my long trek from San Francisco to the Big Easy. I will be traveling through L.A. (visiting my old chums Nigel and Brian (of Dead Hand System and Nine Inch Nails, respectively), then on to San Diego to visit my brother Justin (of the United States Navy), and then the long haul to Dallas (to see Mom, of motherhood), and finally to my new home in the swamp.

I apologize in advance for any chaos I may bring to your city if I pass through it.

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Fantastic, Benjamin! I remembered you posting about possibly moving back down to the Gulf Coast, but didn't recall hearing anything else about it. I'll definitely have to make some trips over to a gig. Incidentally, I might end up in New Orleans for schooling in about a year. Not sure yet on that one.

3. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    My girlfriend lives down in New Orleans, I'll be frequenting there a good deal, I believe. Perhaps I will hit you up, play a boutique guitar with peanut butter on my fingers then skitter away all atitter.

Good luck with the move, be prepared for some pretty heavy shock in NOLA, both culturally and otherwise. Folks down there are very nice though.

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Well, I've lived there before, pre-Katrina. I imagine I'm still going to be in a state of shock seeing the place half empty.

And no, you won't be able to play any of the guitars. They are built to order, and I'm sure the guy who paid $5000 - $6000 for his instrument wouldn't want it to show up with peanut butter on it. :ninja:

5. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Very cool, I'll have to try and get in touch with ya.