TRADED Buscanti Newport Jazz Bass (Seafoam Green Content!)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by nofrontin, Apr 29, 2016.

1. nofrontin

nofrontin

Jul 28, 2013
    Long Island
    Price:
    Strings:
    I got this in a trade not too long ago and it's an amazing bass, awesome color, plays great, and sounds great as well. It's a jazz bass on steroids. These Buscanti basses are pretty killer - checkout the reviews on TalkBass.

Build Date- Completed 06/2012
    Body -Swamp Ash, seafoam green color
    Neck- maple with rosewood fretboard and polyurethane finish. jumbo frets installed with custom cut tusq nut and custom inlay on 12th fret.
    Pickups- EMG JV pickups
    Electronics- EMG VVT Preamp with EXB expander module (see the attachment I included for the pre diagram... I absolutely love it!) A toggle switch allows for switching from standard EMG tone to the EMG EXB Expander. The EXB Expander gives you a unique EQ character to the instrument by increasing both treble and bass while simultaneously reducing the midrange. It gives you the ability to reach a different tonal possibility with just flipping the switch...
    Hardware- Ping tuners, Gotoh 201 high mass bridge
    Pickguard- Custom cut white pearloid from John Polk of Terrapin Guitars

I'm mostly looking to sell to help fund a bass repair on one of my Spectors but may trade for the right bass - I really like Warwicks and Spectors, will also entertain the idea of a dingwall and singlecut.

+/- cash depending what the offer is.

Looking for $950 + shipping conUSA - PayPal or Venmo

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    devnulljp likes this.
  2. Arch58

Arch58 Low Frequency Thumper

Dec 18, 2009
    Hudson Valley, NY
    My old bass. It is killer, wish I never gave it up. GLWTS!!!!

3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Groovy.

4. nofrontin

nofrontin

Jul 28, 2013
    Long Island
    Super groovy.

5. MasterBass!

MasterBass! Reaching new Highs in Lows!! In Memoriam

Brother Jeff does a nice job building these !

6. I now own this bass and I must say Jeff sure knows what he is doing... Best Jazzie I have ever owned. Playing over 40 yrs.. This is a keeper.
    If you are luck enough to come across one, grab it.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022