SOLD Buscanti Vibe Family Reserve Double P Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Greg_S, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Greg_S

Greg_S Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Colorado
    Price:
    $1200
    Strings:
    Here for your discriminating tastes is my brand new Buscanti Vibe Reserva di Famiglia Double P Bass. I'm a 5 string guy and just can't co-exist with a 4 string basses, so she's gotta go. Price includes shipping and is firm.

Got this in a trade with the owner of Buscanti directly. Great looking, great build quality! Not a scratch, swirl or bump to be found - it's literally brand new. Never gigged and never left my smoke free house (thought I'd mention that as I've had some trades where you'd swear the bass or case lived in a freaking bar!).

What's really interesting is the tone package. Individual volumes, master tone and 5-way Vari-tone switch. The 5 positions are actually all usable! Some settings are a little "low end heavy" but by backing down the neck pickup volume slightly - it's the perfect tone mix. Position 4 and 5 are GREAT slapping settings! You'd swear there's a battery in there somewhere, as some of these positions REALLY boost the lows and highs.

Specs:
    One piece maple bolt on neck with a Pecan stain finish
    34" scale
    Custom stainless steel nut
    Alder body
    Brown Tortoise pick guard by Terrapin Guitars
    Arctic white finish with clear coat
    Bill Lawrence EB-P60s PUPs
    Chrome Wilkinson Bridge
    Grover Tuners

Electronics/knobs:
    Middle Volume
    Bridge Volume
    Standard Tone Pot
    6 Position Varitone Pot
    Fender tweed HSC

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    Jabba the bass and R&B like this.
  2. Arch58

Arch58 Retro Rumble Machine Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Hudson Valley, NY
    As a former Buscanti owner let me assure anyone who is debating purchasing this bass.......PULL THE TRIGGER!!! I owned the Newport model and to this day it's the only one I'm still saddened that I let it slip away.
    GLWTS!!!!

3. WR Jacobs

WR Jacobs Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2015
    Didn’t they stop making basses?....what about replacement parts?

4. Greg_S

Greg_S Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Colorado
    This was their last bass they made - I believe. As for replacement parts - All of the parts on this bass are interchangeable with MANY aftermarket Fender Pbass parts - don't think that would be an issue at all. There is nothing on this bass that was custom made, with perhaps the exception of the stainless steel nut. That too can easily be replaced.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  5. WR Jacobs

WR Jacobs Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2015
    Would love to hear the sound...Are you interested n any type of trade...I have too much...New Aguilar 12” cabs (only 250 made)...Fender Blacktop P bass..are you looking for just cash?

6. Greg_S

Greg_S Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Colorado
    I don't have a way to record it and as for trades, yes I'd be interested in 5 strings only.

7. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Lawyer and Hobbist Bass Maker
    Hi-
    Here's a sound clip recorded with a ViBe. Not this specific bass. But with the very same model:

Greg_S likes this.
  8. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN

I have two sound clips:

Here's one of the ViBe:

The other one can be found in the other reply.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    Greg_S likes this.
  9. Greg_S

Greg_S Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Colorado
    Thanks for the help Jeff! Great examples of exactly what this bass sounds like!

10. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    You are most welcome sir!

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021