1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Business Card Idea

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by milothefultz, Mar 20, 2009.

1. milothefultz

milothefultz

Nov 29, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Is this a good design? What should I change? Input is much appreciated.

BUSCARD1.

BUSCARD2.

2. bobalew

bobalew

May 21, 2005
    Aledo, TX
    The picture doesn't look ANYTHING like me, that isn't my name and that isn't my e-mail address. Other than that, looks real good.

You really, really should list your phone on there.

Where are you getting it printed?

3. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    I like the white on black but I think the "classical/jazz" would look better centered and the fonts seem kind of redundant (e.g. email address too big, your name too small, "backup vocals"as big as "bassist"). I'd change up some of the fonts and add a phone number.

4. milothefultz

milothefultz

Nov 29, 2008
    Portland, OR
    I'm going to get it printed at a copy shop like FedEx/Kinko's. A friend of mine can get me a discount on bulk cards, so I'm going to get it wherever he works. Glossy on both sides?

Phone number will be on there. I'll reupload some and put a fake number because I'd rather not have you crazies on TalkBass calling me up. :D

5. milothefultz

milothefultz

Nov 29, 2008
    Portland, OR
    I'll fix those things and make some new ones.

What kind of fonts are you talking about?

I will center it and probably remove the parentheses.

6. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    I guess I was talking about font size. IMO, the more important a piece of info is, the bigger is should be. Your name is the most important thing and should be the biggest. The "upright/electic" part is the second most important, followed by "styles" and "vocals". I feel it allows the eyes to see things in priority.

Your contact info is also very important but is traditionally "small" in font size...and maybe justified to the left or right.

7. milothefultz

milothefultz

Nov 29, 2008
    Portland, OR
  8. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Much better...but I think the email address would look better if it were the same size as the phone number. It may be now, but it currently "looks" larger.

9. milothefultz

milothefultz

Nov 29, 2008
    Portland, OR

I see. I'm just trying to think of how small the business card will be and I don't want anything to be unreadable, least of all my contact info.

I get your organization, and I'll try that real quick.

10. milothefultz

milothefultz

Nov 29, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Fixing. Muchos gracias!

11. milothefultz

milothefultz

Nov 29, 2008
    Portland, OR
    buscard2-02.

ElGecko - Great advice! I like the justified contact info, it definitely helps the clutter look go away.

12. Bass

Bass

Nov 10, 2003
    Canada
    Fonts? I'd use something more like this. And justified looks odd to me, I'd have it centered with phone number beneath e-mail, especially if that is how you prefer to be contacted.

businesscard.

13. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I wouldn't make them glossy on both sides because it can be difficulty to write on a glossy surface, and lots of people take notes on the back of business cards.

14. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    I like it. I'd totally hire you! ;)

15. Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness
    of it. Oh my God, it even has a watermark...
    PatrickBatemanBC.
    That's bone. And the lettering is something called
    Silian Rail.

16. milothefultz

milothefultz

Nov 29, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Nice.