1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Business Cards

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by brontennis, Sep 30, 2008.

1. brontennis

brontennis

Sep 30, 2008
    Hey hey,

So I'm looking to get a professional business card, with minimal hassle. I'd prefer to use a generic template rather than custom design, but after looking online for an hour I couldn't find any template for bassists.

Does anybody have any ideas of where I could look? Again, I'd like to exert minimal effort (I'm not interested in spending lots of time shopping around). . .

Thanks a lot,

Bron

2. I would just use a Word template from Avery or something similar and print them out with your printer -- you could get Avery stock from most office stores and use the number to do a google search and get the Word template for usage.

Unless you spend a lot of money on the cards so they look extremely flashy, no need to go overboard with business cards. Main thing the font is readable and has the right information how to contact you. Make lots of them, sometimes you need to give them out multiple times to the same person...

3. RED5

RED5

Jan 14, 2008
    Suffolk County,NY
    I designed my own and did a run of 500. Not as easy as it sounds. Then I took the original to a printer and had her copy it. $60 for 1500. First one paid for the box.Way less hassle, but I am glad i did my own initially.

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Nothing really to choose from 'bass' wise online but I get my cards from Vistaprint.com. 250 free with $5.95 shipping (or $5.95+free shipping if ya wanna look at it that way).

5. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    I just got some at Kinko's. Nothing special, just name and numbers (just the facts ma'm). You really don't have to have something wild to attract attention like people in the business world do. People will hire you because of the way you play... and to do that they need the numbers.

6. Vista printing (I think that is what that is called) on the internet does business cards really cheap..

7. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I used Kinkos. I designed them in Microsoft Publisher.

I got 500 of them the next day for $25 [i think]. Easy and quick.

I put the following on there:

My name
    Acoustic & Electric bass [b/c I double]
    Phone
    email
    Website
    Myspace
    Performance & Private Instruction
    Main city [Chicago].

I could have omitted my Myspace.com page, but it has clips of me playing and my calendar up. This is an easy way to see if I'm available for a gig. I also put family committments up there e.g. I have when i'm going to Indiana for the holidays, my vacation, etc.

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Again.....$5.95 for 250 from Vistaprint.com! Even cheaper if you have a publishing program and a printer at home. Just buy the business card sheets.

Speaking of....................This forum must have software that picks up on subject matter. See ad image below.

TBscreenshot.