1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Business Project...... Need some opnions!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bass>Guitar, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Well I have a business project coming up and I had an idea. What if I made a bass strap with a built in heating system or massage? Would anyone ever be interested in a product like this? It's for grade 10 Business so I wont actually be making the strap, just the idea and marketing plan.

All comments and opnions are welcomed and appreciated.

2. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Massage would vibrate the instrument, and I don't think I'd be able to get used to my bass shaking while trying to play it.

Heat?!?! I'd rather wear a coat and then a strap over it.
    The issue would also be powering it. I don't want to plug in my strap, or carry extra batteries for a strap. Plus those mechanisms would add extra weight and cost to a strap that most wouldn't pay for.

No offense, but try again.

3. I don't know...the massage part sounds halfway decent to me. You could build the "vibrators" into the pad, and somehow isolate it from the rest of the strap. It could be powered by a 9 volt battery located at the bottom of the strap, I suppose.

I don't see the appeal of a heated strap though. I've never thought, man, some warm heat would make my shoulder feel better, especially in the middle of a sweaty gig.

4. personally, heat wouldn't be the answer for me, the gigs i play at get hot...if anything, put in something to make your shoulder cooler :)

5. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

but
    Some one else may take it,get it patent and make some money.

6. I realise that most people would never invest in this, thats why I wouldnt be making an actual model. But I think ill go with the built in vibrators, something that attatches to a 9 volt that you can fit into a pocket. Thanks guys!

7. Cool, good luck.

8. IanStephenson

IanStephenson UnRegistered User

Apr 8, 2006
    I'd look more at the weght distribution.

Design me a strap that fits standard instruments buttons, and connects to some kind of body harnesses so the weight is taken up by my whole body, rather than my left sholder.

It should be able to handle a slightly heavy headstock, so I can let go completly and the bass stay still, without be feeling any twist on my body.

That would have real benefits.

Ian

9. :smug: Maybe I will build a model after all. You've given me alot of positive idea's going into the idea of this thanks.

10. Shameless Bump

11. While we're at it how 'bout something that would let my bass float infront of me without a strap.:D

Seriously, I would like a cooling system in my strap.

12. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    How about a strap with a built in Fan or air conditioner. That would be more usefull to me than a heater.