Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Busted

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by bigmanb, Apr 18, 2001.

1. The Saturday before this past one was the the second night of spring break and my band felt like doing something both fun and productive. We decided to practice outside. We thought, "We know everyone in the neighborhood, it will be cool and nobody will get angry." Well, we proceeded to bust out the equipment. Since it was 9 oclock we only used our 15 watt amps and for the drums; the bass, high hat, and snare. We were having a nice (fairly mellow) jam going with a big group of the neighborhood kids out and a good amount of adults as well when a police officer drives up. Now, I live in a nice suburb where nothing ever happens and everyone knows and likes everyone else. Except for this one family accross the street. I think they are spies. They never come out of their house except to go to work and to walk their dogs. They yell at all the kids constantly for stupid things that all parents know are just kid foibles. This is the family that wont even open their doors to buy girl scout cookies. Anyway, the officer (who was very friendly about the occurance) told us that "someone" called to complain about drums, and just the drums mind you, and being the nice teenagers we are, we stopped. All the adults in the "audience" and the rest of the neighborhood did not care that we were playing, and some actually enjoyed it. No other people would have complained but this couple of international spies selling our great American secrets to evil foreign countries like Lichtenstein. I am sorry about this rant, but I am kind of angered. I know, some people dont appreciate noise, especially a rock band at 9 at night, but they could have at least had the courtesy to come out themselves and ask us to stop. We would have. But no, they had to call the police right away. Tell me if im wrong to want a direct request to stop before the police to come. I dont think i am.

2. That bites! I wish I could go practice outside more often. It only happens when we practice at my guitarist's house. The only people who don't like it are his hispanic neighbors. hehe Once in this other band i was in.. we practice with gigging volumes... :D I got yelled at by his dad for being far too loud (had my amp on 3.. which is too loud for just a garage). hehehe I think I get to practice outside tomorrow.. lets see how it goes. Later!

3. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Yeah, those darn Hispanics are known to do things like that. :rolleyes:

4. Yet.. they always blast their music and have parties late in the night, hehe. We'll make them pay again soon! :D

5. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Hey now! My (former) bass teacher is from Spain! You lay as much as a hand on him, and I'll kick your balls real hard! :mad:

6. whenever we jam in our guitarists garage, we play as loud as we need to. and if the cops come, we tell em to go away, because they cant do anything because the whiny people made by-laws, like the noise by-law, which goes in affect at 11pm. muhahaha, i love when peoples own rules bite them in the ass!

7. Oyster, hehe, these people are latinos.. not from Spain.. don't worry, lol.

Fetis, lol good work! Don't post any more! you have the perfect amt. of posts!

8. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Cut the PC **** folks.

9. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Yeah, let's rip on some more Hispanics!!!

10. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    i´m Mexican (although i don´t look like one because i´m white and blonde with a cool english voice) and people that hate "brownies" really make me sick... well any racist for that matter...

grow up

11. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I was definitely be sarcastic. I loathe when people include irrelevant adjectives describing people. If these neighbors were white, that adjective would not have been included. In my mind, when people do that, it's usually because prejudices exist.

Adam "Jazzbo" Rodriguez
    A Very Proud Puerto-Rican

12. Im Canadian, eh.

And playing outside kicks a lot of McAss.