1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Busy day ahead ...

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by RustyAxe, Mar 29, 2015.

1. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    It's been a busy week (played Wed, Friday, Saturday nights). Today I have an audition at 1:00 pm for an established country/southern rock band, and need to set up at 5:00 pm for a regular Sunday dinner/dance with my country band. My hands hurt a little, nothing a little Motrin can't fix. Fortunately both are within 10 minutes of home ... the down side, I am missing my grandson's 15th birthday party. That did not go down well with Mrs. RustyAxe.

Zodion likes this.
  2. Zodion

Zodion Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2014
    New York
    The party is just material. You can do something special with him when you're free. That would mean a lot more to him, I should know cause I'm still a kid too :thumbsup:

3. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom

Feb 17, 2013
    Queens, NY
    Can you perhaps dedicate a song to him, mention his birthday and how much you wish you could be there, and have someone take a video?
    You could show it to him afterwards so he can see you were thinking about him.

hrodbert696, BassCliff and Zodion like this.
  4. Zodion

Zodion Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2014
    New York
    That's a great idea! :hyper: Try doing that RustyAxe

GKon likes this.
  5. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    The show must go on.

Zodion likes this.
  6. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    Not a problem for me and young Zach ... only for Mrs. RustyAxe. I know how to fix it ... ;)

Audition went well, I was asked to join on the spot. The lead singer (easy going guy) was somewhat concerned about my playing in other bands, until I had him give me some gig dates, and none of them conflicted with my book (they had only one gig/month thru September on the books, but expect more). He was OK then. Told them to talk it over amongst themselves (they have to be 100% OK with the very outside chance I'd have a conflict) and we'd touch base on Tuesday. I'm leaning toward taking the gig. Easy going guys, good chops, I like the music (and know it).

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  7. Zodion

Zodion Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2014
    New York
    That's awesome man. If you enjoy the music then go for it

8. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

Glad to hear the audition went so well. Sorry to hear about missing the young'un's birthday. You should let me know how your work it so that I can use your technique on Mrs. BassCliff. ;)

Carry on and break a leg! I'd love to see some gig pictures. :D

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

9. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    The best part is that the new band (if I join it) works mostly in the summer, May thru October, where the old band works mostly Oct thru April. This could work!