Busy Holiday Gig Season already (7 shows in the past week) - remedy for achy hands?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by DanL, Dec 5, 2017.

1. DanL

DanL Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Ohio
    The Holiday Season has already been a busy one for me... 7 shows in the past week... this morning my hands are pretty achy... not uncommon for this 57 year old "week end bass warrior" but I usually have a few days to recover... ;) I still have full week of shows ahead of me...

Any home remedies out there?

Thanks! - Dan

2. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    Try to keep your mind on the money you're making?
    Stretching, possibly an anti-inflammatory and keep well hydrated.

3. DanL

DanL Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Ohio
    I've been taking ibuprofen and wrapped my hands in a hot towel last night after that show... that helps some... ;)
    I'm enjoying the shows... but I guess the mileage is starting to show - hahaha

4. rickwolff

rickwolff Supporting Member

Best remedy: Give me some of your gigs. LOL Probably not practical as I'm in North Carolina.

DanL likes this.
  5. CaseyVancouver

CaseyVancouver

Nov 4, 2012
    I suggest Jack Daniels.

Never had a problem with aching hands or muscles, even with a crazy gig schedule, excepting the time playing outdoors at -5 celsius. Both guitarist and myself got a touch of temp tendonitis.

6. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Jul 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Try hands in ice water for a few minutes. Helps me.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021