1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Busy Holiday Gig Season already (7 shows in the past week) - remedy for achy hands?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by DanL, Dec 5, 2017.

1. DanL

DanL

Jul 5, 2016
    Ohio
    The Holiday Season has already been a busy one for me... 7 shows in the past week... this morning my hands are pretty achy... not uncommon for this 57 year old "week end bass warrior" but I usually have a few days to recover... ;) I still have full week of shows ahead of me...

Any home remedies out there?

Thanks! - Dan

2. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    Try to keep your mind on the money you're making?
    Stretching, possibly an anti-inflammatory and keep well hydrated.

3. DanL

DanL

Jul 5, 2016
    Ohio
    I've been taking ibuprofen and wrapped my hands in a hot towel last night after that show... that helps some... ;)
    I'm enjoying the shows... but I guess the mileage is starting to show - hahaha

4. rickwolff

rickwolff CGJ -- Endorsing Artist-- ---3M Dual Lock--- Supporting Member

Best remedy: Give me some of your gigs. LOL Probably not practical as I'm in North Carolina.

DanL likes this.
  5. CaseyVancouver

CaseyVancouver

Nov 4, 2012
    I suggest Jack Daniels.

Never had a problem with aching hands or muscles, even with a crazy gig schedule, excepting the time playing outdoors at -5 celsius. Both guitarist and myself got a touch of temp tendonitis.

6. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Jul 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Try hands in ice water for a few minutes. Helps me.