But im only 20....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by I.'.I.'.Nakoa, Oct 1, 2004.

1. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    and my hair is thinning. :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:
  2. No worries mate, i've got a little bald patch happening and im only 17.

Live with it, grow to love it.
  3. alembic76407

Apr 29, 2004
    Just Shave It, the girls love it, but you need a big thick handlebar mustache
  4. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!

I turned 41 on Wednesday, & my hair's in my eyes! :cool:
  5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I'll be 41 in November, and if I don't get a haircut every other week I feel like a hippie! ;)

That said, I ever get the bald spot thing going, it's ALL gone - no comb-over (who the HELL thought that was a good idea??? :spit: ), no hair "restoration" :rolleyes: . If my scalp rejects the follicles, I'm going with it.
  6. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    +1 THAT! But, if I'm were not balding by now... I think were home free, Gard!!!!

Honestly, my hair styles change frequently... Sometimes, & go w/ a clipper cut #2, which is pretty closely cropped. Sometimes, I leave an inch or so on top, & gel it to a flat top, or just spikey... Right now, I'm growing out w/ a razor cut, & ever couple of weeks, I have to back removed to avoid any hint of a mullet!

Mullets :spit:
  7. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm 40 and have a full head of hair. :hyper:
  8. One day, my friend, you'll wake up and realize that comb-overs are THE shiznit, all the cool kids do it. Don't you know women just love comb-overs?

Comb-over = S3xY.

:D :D ;)
  9. I'm losing hair by the truckload. I'm almost 30. When I start seeing the skin on top of my head, I'll take the Gillette Sensor II to it.
  10. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Comb-over is the bomb. Comb-over will be the mullet of the next generation. BOW DOWN TO THE COMB-OVER!!

brad cook
  11. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Brad, that was gross :p

I have long fairish-brown hair, and it is falling out, as well. My family complains of finding my hair everywhere - after each shower, I find a handful of hair in the bathroom :(
    This started when I was 19...
    Now I am nearing 21, but I'm not bald yet... I can feel that it is a bit thinned out, though...
    i've taken some hair-regenerating pills (not the medicine type, but the natural substances types), and they seemed to work a bit
  12. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Yea, THIS explains Donald Trumps stylish 'do...
  13. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :D :D :D
  14. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Guitarist Frank Gambale has been bald as an eagle since age 22 - he started losing it at 15. All CD covers and instructional videos you see where he isn't, he's wearing wigs. Couldn't have been easy to be so young and so bald in the poodle-rock era...

I have an old classmate (back from years 7-9) who is more or less bald since a few years back (he's 23 now). He had more hair than anyone else (boy or girl) back in school.

When it becomes too thin, just shave it. It's just hair!!
  15. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Just when it was long enough and i was getting into a band
    :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:
  16. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Do not; I repeat, DO NOT do a comb-over. You won't be fooling anyone.
  17. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I definitely have some baldage going on. When I was a kid people would always feel my hair and say "wow you're hair is so soft." I remember my friend's dad saying kind of a cruel thing to him after he put his hand on my head. He looked at my friend and said to him "Why does his hair feel like silk and your hair feel like hay?"

Well, he would definitely have the last laugh now because I'm almost 29 and my silky, soft hair is largely gone in the top back area of my head. I pretty much ignore it and just comb my hair like normal...no comb-overs or anything. At this point I wish I'd had the straw hair as a kid because I'd probably still have it now but oh well. I don't fret over it and I'll go bald gracefully.

brad cook
  18. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Well i guess I'm lucky in that I'm 43 and have a very thick head of hair.

My dad died with a full head of hair and that was after chemo and radiation treatments for cancer.

I think my son, who is 7 now, will be bald before I will. All the men in my wifes family are bald.
  19. I'm only 22 and I'm balding. Have a "no hair zone" in the back.

I've never understood how they figure that baldness supposedly comes from your mother's side. I look just like my dad and grandfather, who were both bald. Doesn't seem to make sense to me. :confused: