But mom all the other kids got one!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wild Bill, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    Hey TBers, I live in the New England area and Im trying to find somewhere that has any Ibanez ATK basses in stock. If there is anyone who could give me some info I would be grateful.
  2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Ibanez stopped making this bass years ago.
  3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Go to www.bassnw.com and check the used section. They have a really cool flamed koa wood 4 string.
  4. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    I knew that Ibanez didnt make them anymore but Greg K of The Offspring uses his custom ones and I was diggin the body and the tone of it so I am getting major gas for one.

By the way thanks Chuck.
  5. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Not true. Ibanez is still making production ATK's, but they are not available in North America. :confused:
    I know they are still available in Japan and also in Europe. Check out the link below...

Do you have any friends in Japan or Europe? ;)
  6. I think they are made still. Not just for the American market.
  7. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    I wonder what the shipping charge from Japan to America is.
  8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i bet there are hundreds of them in the USA... look around for used. Ebay has some regularly
  9. You could probably order a new one from Germany if the shipping from Japan is too expensive.
  10. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    You could always call around shops and ask them if they have a used one,or maybe even a new one that nobody ever bought!
  11. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    i would suggest placing wanted ads around on the net. i think i put up three or four of em, and i got probably a dozen replies within two weeks. the ATK does rule, good hunting!