Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"But, they spit on people!"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Brendan, Sep 7, 2001.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I was in school today, and there's this kid, listening to Slipknot (a band I happen to like) and I asked him, "So you're into this kinda stuff?"
    He says "Yah, I dig metal. Guys like Staind and Union Underground."
    Me: "Think they're pretty hard?" (loaded question at this point)
    Him: "Yeah man. These guys are extreme!" (I have a feeling the guy SAID it 'X-treme')
    Me: "You think they are extreme?"
    Him, "Hell yes, man, those guys SPIT on people"

...I laughed. They spit on people. How dreadfully hardcore of them. I then carefully explained to the kid that those are the least of extreme. There are guys that break bones out there, that would as soon smash your face in if you were a fan or a melon. The kid was in absolute awe that there were bands out there harder and faster than Union Underground and Slipknot. Two bit Metal wannabes :) ...Well, at least he's on the right track now.

"But...they spit on people." (said in the same tone of voice as Nigel, when confronted that, why not just make ten louder? "But...it goes up to eleven...")

I needed a good laugh :D

Edit...I have no Idea why I put this in Recordings...please move to misc. Stupid flu...

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

Obviously:D

And...Maybe I should have made it clearer that I meant 2 (count them two) seperate things: 1- that those bands aren't that extreme or hardcore 2- not really metal, and there are much harder and more metal, musically speaking....

Oh well...I love this flu I have...

3. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
  4. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Marillyn Manson masterbates on fans, he must be mega-extreme ;)

5. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    GWAR f'ing rocks and don't anyone ever forget it!

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Freakin Scumdog...

:)

7. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Actually, I prefer the term GWARrior. :D

8. No one will ever beat G.G. Allin. He did things to his audience that I can't even mention here. If you really want to know, PM me or run a search on Google or something.

9. What bugs me about a lot of new metal is their need for make-up or masks to look badass. I mean, I don't mind Slipknot, and I love Mudvayne, but they look dumb... damn dumb. I prefer what bands like Pantera do, they don't worry about how they look and they look badass. I'm not terribly concerned about image, but man, some new metal bands look damn dumb.

10. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Truer words were never spoken. My brother used to have one of his albums. He bought it just for the shock factor. He was banned from playing in almost every state. Of course the sick-o is now dead.

11. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    That is fairly X-treme.

12. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    how 'bout Euronymous? now that dude was hardcore...he used to slash himself to pieces onstage and bleed everywhere...then his pal shot him in the head with a shotgun or something...then ate a piece of his brain and made a necklace from a skull fragment...or was that Dead...i can't remember...anyway...those wack a$$ scandinavian black metal bands are hardcore...