Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

But what if.....

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JWC, Apr 28, 2001.

1. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    I know all of Metallica and Megadeths latest offerings are kind of lame, but what had Burton lived and formed a power trio with Lars and Dave Mustaine. That would have been the ultimate, heaviest band known to man. Gives me chills thinking about it.

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Gives me chills for a completely different reason. Needless to say, I'm not to Fond of Ulrich, or Mustaine.

Cliff's cool with me though.

3. Hee hee, it sounds like a 14 year old white boy's dream. No offense to you or anything, JWC, but it seems like every teenage white boy in my suburb like Metallica, Megadeath, and bands like that, especially the ones that aren't really into music all that much.

4. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Eh, I dont know, I think Mustaine, Kerry King, Ryknow, and Mike Portnoy would make a good couple. :D

5. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    i am into good music. ***?

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i think megadeth rocks. rust in peace is one of my top 5 albums ever.

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Megadeth's cool, I just got their greatest hits a little while ago. It's kinda funny, because I listened to the albums, and I got this mental image of what their singer must look like, and then I saw him on TV and started laughing. No offense, he just wasn't what I pictured him to be.

The trio sounds like a good idea... I dunno if I would rather have Burton or Newsted in there though. It's really a toss-up.

8. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Toss up my ass:)

Cliff is the main reason I would want a trio with the chosen three. Cliff makes Jason look silly on the bass.

9. FLEABITE

FLEABITE

Apr 13, 2001
    Kent, England.
    that trio, with coby dick on vocals. Killer!

10. I didn't say you weren't, or at least didn't mean to. I'm just saying, I know a lot of guys who like only that kind of music, and that would be the kind of thing that they'd like. Sorry if I offended you.

11. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Oh no, dude, its cool, im not offended. I just wanted to make sure you didn't think I was one of those little metal kids who listen to just metal. But, if its true, then I a metal kid with a hell of alot of jazz and fusion cds mixed in.

12. Yeah, I knew you weren't, I've read enough of your posts to know better than that. I know way too many of those kids, like my little brother used to be. I wish he still was, because lately I heard him listening to the Backstreet Boys. ugh.