1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Butch Ammons' got the Goods

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Free Tibet, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Free Tibet

Free Tibet Guest

Sep 20, 2005
    Florida
    Just got off the phone with the gentleman, and I must say it's rare to find someone these days who'll actually take the time to talk to their customers, and more importantly, listen.

This guy is as solid as his product.

Bayou Cables

2. I bought tubes from Butch ages ago. He was as reliable then, as he is now.

3. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    best cables ever!

4. high mileage

high mileage

Apr 17, 2006
    Rockford IL
    Great cables! Guitar player in my band was having a problem with his Monster Cable, tried my spare Bayou cable and it sounded noticably better than the Monster. Yes, you read that correctly!

Nice, knowledgeable guy too!

5. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I placed an order for three cables on April 4th, and haven't gotten a single email from him about them. I've emailed him several times, and only got a single response saying normal turn around time is 7-10 days. It is has obviously been quite a bit longer than that.

From all the rep he has here, I really expected better.

6. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    anybody else have this problem?

7. coop

coop

Jun 22, 2002
    Oklahoma
    Not I. Quite the opposite, as a matter of fact. Maybe you might want to give him a call?

I have been more than pleased with his quality, service, and price.

Just my opinion, as always YMMV.

8. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    hmm... I really don't like this. I emailed him, and now he tells me after 20 days, that he will ship my stuff tomorrow. I don't mean to give him bad rep, but this just seems like a long time.

9. Thanks for the comments guys. I attempt to offer fast turnaround, but sometimes I get backed up due to supply problems. That's what happened with your order, xgabriel. Sometimes I get so busy that I don't keep up with my stock like I should. When they run out of Canare and Neutrik, that means there is none in the country. I should have emailed you earlier, but again sometimes I get a bit overwhelmed. I get hundreds of emails and orders and it's really hard to keep up with sometimes. If anyone ever has a problem with my service or cables, please let me know. Thanks.