Butt Face soundclip!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by The BurgerMeister, Feb 11, 2009.

1. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    (click on it!)

played with a 68 jazz. i play the first part of the clip fingerstyle, the second part pickstyle. i increase the gain incrementally with each repetition of the fingerstyle riff. at the end of the fingerstyle section, i lower the bass's volume by about half to give you an idea of what that does.

recorded into an M-Audio Profire 610 interface. someday soon, i'll get a mic and do it that way, but for now this is the best i can do. :)

let me know what you think, and if you'd like to hear something else that i didn't address in the clip.

[​IMG]

2. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    Sounds pretty awesome! :D If I didn't have way too many drive pedals already, I'd probably be looking for one. Doesn't sound like it loses a whole lot of low end, but then again my laptop speakers aren't the most hi-fi.

3. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    both the Butt Face and the Alien Hate Fuzz don't lose much lows... but they don't stand out in the mix, either. now, if both of them had blending capabilities, well...

i can see them being very useful on recordings, but live they just become part of the Wall of Sound along with the guitars... which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just not what i usually need.

4. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    haha that is really "butt" sounding :p

5. broadblik

broadblik

Aug 10, 2008
    Sheffield, UK
    It is quite farty, but sounds nice though.

6. Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Feb 8, 2006
    Mexico
    1286268471_8700a28a85_o.png

7. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    awesome

8. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    aiii, i did some more with volume adjustments on the bass, and one with a Musicman Stingray.

(Jazz Bass Clean)

in each of the following clips, i keep the "Fuzz" level the same while turning the bass's volume down for every riff. the first clip is the "Fuzz" dimed, the 2nd is about 1:00, the third is about 10:00.

(High Gain)

(Medium Gain)

(Low Gain)

this next clip is done with a Musicman. it's all one clip, but it follows the same format as the clips above. i start and end with a clean reference tone with the bass's volume all the way up. i don't really like the way it sounds when the bass is all the way up... it overclips the Butt Face. as i rolled the volume back on the bass, the sound got way better.

(Butt Face Musicman)

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021