Butt Selig

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bassic83, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I really hate Butt Selig. What a miserable excuse for a man.

First, he issues an edict that the roof on OUR stadium, that WE built with OUR TAX DOLLARS, must remain open. Doesn't matter that the roof was closed for the entire playoff run up til now. He said MLB and the Orifice of Der Kommissar of Baseball control the stadia where games are played. He said it was in the best interest of the fans enjoyment of the game. Bullcorn! It's because MLB gets BIG MONEY from the licensing of the blimp shots. It's OUR STADIUM, and we LIKE IT CLOSED!!! :mad:

Second, a local radio and TV station here in Houston printed up a whole passel of "Rally Cards" that were 8x11" cardstock. One side says "GO STROS!", the other side said "SOCK THE SOX!". Nothing even vaguely profane or dissing the White Sox in any way.
    His goons have confiscated them, saying they are not allowed because they are not officially licensed by the Orifice of Der Kommisar of Baseball. They are an unfair advantage??? For the HOME TEAM, no less!!! :mad:

What next- Astros fans must maintain complete silence in their own stadium, unable to root for THEIR TEAM??? ***? :mad:

This turdblossom is the INTERIM KOMMISAR of Baseball, and has been for the past 13 years!!! How long does it take to find a fair and impartial person to head up MLB and do what is in the best interests of promoting the game of baseball?

Get out of Texas, Butt. And don't come back! Don't come down here to Houston and start flexing your brain stem and your wallet. You don't scare us. This is OUR TEAM, OUR TOWN, OUR STADIUM, and OUR FANS!!! You are NOT WELCOME HERE!!! :mad:

I think that this will be the last year I watch baseball until this road apple steps down, or is assassinated, or otherwise replaced. :mad: :mad:
  2. Bud sucks. He was obviously a big part of the Expos moving to Washington.
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    He is a piece of work. He is just a puppet for the equally incompetent owners behind him.

4. Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    I don't know much about baseball, but isn't it ultimately up to the team how they use home field advantage? Meaning... If they wanted the stadium closed, wasn't it their right?
  5. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    You'd think...I mean, it's OUR stadium, OUR team. Supposed to be OUR home field advantage...Butt did everything in his power to stack the deck against us! Had only the finest umpires and refs money could buy, :eyebrow: , calling the game for him. He had his goon tell the press "We don't care WHO complains about it, Butt Selig has decided the roof will be open, so ve haff vays of making you comply!"

The man is sub-pond-scum, in the same league as Butt Adams in the NFL, and Tom Benson, "owner" of the Saints, who is out to cut the throat of New Orleans by taking their beloved Saints to LA. I have no use for people like that, I don't care WHAT sport they're involved in.

I will not watch baseball next year, I was planning on buying season tickets to the Stros, but now will not.

I will not watch football either, at least not NFL.

It's a priciple thing, I hope you can understand... :mad:
  6. Ray-man

Ray-man Guest

Sep 10, 2005
    Bud does suck, no doubt. But it was the 5,000 fans per game that sent the Expos packing.
  7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Yeah, you gotta support your home team, or you won't HAVE one.

That's why the Saints thing really gripes, me, because despite STINKING, they have always had great fan support in New Orleans.

Bassic, I agree, Butt Selig is a slime, he and anyone like him (Benson) should be required by law to walk around with a bull's eye on their back, and be fair game for fans to use as target practice...

8. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

I'm thinking that the Astros shouldn't have left 15+ runs on the bases....

Look at it this way--at least Bud can't tell you what to do with the roof for game 5. :smug:

9. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Now, that's just cold!!
  10. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Another middle finger salute for Butt Zelig. He is partly responsible for the current debacle that is the Los Angeles Dodgers.
  11. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    If it was cold, they would have closed the dome!

//missed the point :D
  12. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    -insert rimshot here-
  13. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I think they should have cracked it open about an inch, and been done with it. Hey, Butt, it IS open. You didn't specify how FAR it had to be opened...or, shut it and told Butt to take the fine and shove it where the sun don't shine. I hope he has to walk to his rental car and gets mugged and beaten by some H-Town Thugz. We have plenty of them, MS13 usually does a bang-up job...

But seriously, someone needs to shoot that fool and put him out of our misery!
  14. It's amazing that someone that incompetent has been able to keep his job for all these years. He's botched every major issue that's been brought to his door, and pretty much all the minor ones too.
  15. Ray-man

Ray-man Guest

Sep 10, 2005
    I've always had mixed feelings about Bud - on the one hand he brought baseball back to my home town, Milwaukee, in 1970, and the good fans here have kept it here. But on the other hand, he's an incompetant boob for whom everything he touches turns to guano.

Except the wild card. That I like.
  16. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA

Obviously you're upset, but find a more mature and constructive way to voice your concerns please.
  17. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    If there is such an uproar over this guy then why does he have a job?

MLB is just as ridiculas as any other professional sport. Makes me wonder why people support pro teams.
  18. Ray-man

Ray-man Guest

Sep 10, 2005
    Because he serves, I believe, at the will of the owners of MLB.