Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

buttbooster public beta 0.99

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by AllodoX, Apr 19, 2002.

1. i've finished part of the prototype for the buttbooster..

http://www.allodox.nl/media/lvl_min.mp3 ( Minimal fuzz )
    http://www.allodox.nl/media/lvl_max.mp3 ( maximum fuzz )

Keep in mind that this is only a test-run.. it has no equaliser or signal-blend yet. only clean fuzz

( and please.. do not mind the monkey who " plays " on the bass. it was not my idea to play a tune, it was my idea to test some notes with the fuzz. )

I anxiously await your comments, suggestions, ideas and other remarks. complains will be forwarded to spamlist@aol.com, thank you.

2. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    The max fuzz sounds great!

3. Swweeeeeeeetttttt

4. Hmmm, I like the high frequency focus, it has a nice bright voice, I can't wait to hear it with all the fancy low preservation do-hickies your going to put in there. (So I felt like talking like a simpleton.)

5. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Nice, how would that sucker handle a low B?

6. will hook up the ibanez as soon as the EQ is done. :)

7. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Nice stuff! Can we see a schematic or at least a glimpse at how it works? I started my fuzz today, I'll tell later this weekend how it sounds.

8. the principle is easy..

you amplify the signal, and let 2 diodes do some clipping. the more you give a signal to the diodes, the more clipping you get.
    so the " fuzz level " knob is actually a blender between clean boost and clipping.. because if you do clipping, the volume gets decreased.. i still have to find something on that..

9. Jeff Moote

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    ok well I understand that.. so thanks but I meant like what transistors... what diodes, stuff like that.

10. any FET transistor would do.. it depends greatly on how many boost you want.. what exactly do you want to know ?

11. Jeff Moote

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    ???nevermind...

I think mine sucks so far... not working well.

12. check the transistor.. if your wires are connected correctly.. the transistor is prolly the wrong way around..

13. Tristan

Tristan

Jan 28, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    yo, AllodoX, is that symetrical or asymetrical clipping?