Buy Jaco's amp! But It'll cost ya!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by John Ruiz, Nov 7, 2003.

1. John Ruiz

John Ruiz

Oct 9, 2000
    Plano, Tx
  2. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    $20k? I wish him luck.
  3. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    just a way of showing off when you don't really want to sell.

4. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    It's interesting that he has the documentation though. I wonder how the amp left Jaco's possession? Ordinarily someone like Jaco probably wouldn't keep the paperwork on an amp like that, so it's more likely that whoever got the amp for him ended up taking it back because he didn't like it. Might be interesting to e-mail the seller and find out...
  5. chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    Why would you want it? Jaco doesn't. He played the @#$# out of it anyway. Aside from age it would at least have speaker fatigue. One in very good condition sold from Atomic Music in MD for $500. It was missing a knob. The young man then wheeled it out and spent an hour trying to fit it in a Nissan Maxima.
  6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA

7. billys73

Apr 25, 2003
    I don't know how much gear Jaco had at the end of his life; but I'm sure he had a room full of gear during the prime of his career. I don't think an amp or instrument qualifies as special unless it was either specifically a favorite of the artist or was used on a specific recording or show.

For example:

"one of three eb-2's owned by Chas Chandler while he was in the Animals"
    Could be cool if it was actually the one he used on classic recordings-but it's implied that it was not.

as opposed to:

"the Alembic used by John Entwistle on the 1970 tour" documented in photos, with tour stickers on it, etc.... I saw that for sale at an auction years ago-was broke, but to me it was special and collectible.
    This sale of Jaco's amp should have a much, much lower price IMHO