OK, so I really mainly play a pair of 5ers. I had gotten up to a stable of 4 basses, but sold two, got a new amp setup and a wireless unit, then sold the old amp. I have a good stable rig to gig with - 2 basses, good amplification, and a case of pedals with all the effects I want. I keep thinking I'd like to have a 4-string in the stable and as of this moment am sitting on about $450. So I'm wavering about what to do. Should I... Spend the $450 (or a part thereof) getting a used MIM Fender, a new VM Squier, or something to that effect, or... Keep socking away money and go for something like a Carvin, MIA Fender, or Lakland Skyline once I can build it up to $1300 or so? Overall economic outlook in my life is somewhat uncertain. For reasons that must remain mysterious (sorry), I MIGHT come in for a big windfall this summer, I MIGHT be able to gradually save up the other $900 over the next 6-12 months (depending on employment and how much the band gigs), or I MIGHT be less employed than I am now and have to skimp. OK, TB - what would you do? Spend now, or sit on the money and wait?