Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Buy Peavey online...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Hategear, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    It appears as if you will now be able to purchase Peavey products online, as of March 1 (today). Very cool. I think the days of the brick-and-mortar music stores are numbered.

2. xax712

xax712

Dec 25, 2001
    Northwest Arkansas
    Where can you buy their stuff at? What website?

3. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    www.peavey.com. I got an e-mail from them today, talking about the new changes in their site and the fact that you can now buy their stuff online. Basically, what you do is choose an item you wish to buy, by navigating through their site to that item. When you get to the item you are interested in, there is a "Buy Now" button for you to click. When you input your zip code, you should see a list of one or more dealers, including their names and distances from the center of your zip code. Click the one you're interested in buying from (I chose the one closest to my home) and you will be taken to their website and consequently, that item. They show you the retail cost, the online cost and the difference between the two. I didn't go any further than that, but I assume that when you click "Buy It," you will then be asked to enter your shipping and credit card info and said dealer will ship that item to you.

It looks like they have eliminated the color options on the Millenium Series Basses. :(

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I wouldn't trust the fact that no colors are available on the Millenniums to mean that they have discontinued them. If they have, they have also discontinued the Cirrus 5, but not the 4 and 6. I plugged in zip codes from all over the country and found the same Cirrus six and the same 5 Cirrus fours at every store. So, it appears that while you are ordering the product through a dealer, it is being drop shipped, most likely from the Peavey plant or distribution center. What you see is probably all that they have in stock at the moment. Hopefully we will see more inventory come available.

Prices are kinda high, too.