Buy pot in any city in any state

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kserg, Feb 25, 2006.

1. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
  2. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I believe the charges were "being a dumbfart", police take that very seriously :)
  3. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    That's a good question? Conspiracy? No possesion, no transaction I assume. Solicitation? That doesn't make sense. Huh.
  4. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I bet it was for having that hairdue...

5. JansenW

Nov 14, 2005
    Cambridge, MA
    Good one! :D
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    If only they were all that easy.

7. What a dip****! Hahaha! You need more than $3 for a.....oh wait, maybe I shouldn't say that so loud!

Of course this happened in Fargo, North Dakota! I used to live there and in several other towns in North Dakota and just going on what I remember of that place, I'm not surprised. No offense to any TB'ers in ND!

Yeah, her doo needs some lovin'.
  8. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana

Smooth. She even looks baked.
  9. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    heheheh... heheheh... lol... idiot.
  10. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
  11. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    "excuse me, officers, where can i go rob a bank?"

12. I could be wrong, but I think "intent to purchase" is illegal in some states.
  13. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    They who? The poor? Pot heads? This looks like a pretty narrowly reported story, I'd like to hear some details, such as exactly why she was arrested.
  14. This happened near here recently:

An man who called police to report the theft of a quarter-pound of marijuana was arrested when police recovered the bag of pot and then invited him to come to the Public Safety Building to identify it.

Kory C. Tippetts, 18, identified the pot as his and then was arrested and booked into the Utah County jail for investigation of possession of marijuana in a drug-free zone with intent to distribute, police said Tuesday.

Tippetts had called police on Monday evening after he returned home and found that someone had broken a window, got cut on the glass, and crawled into the house. Tippetts told police the only thing missing was the quarter-pound of marijuana he was selling.

Tippetts also told officers that earlier in the day a man had called him about buying some marijuana, but he was on his way to work and told the caller no.

Tippetts gave police the man's name.

Officers found Richard W. Hight, 23, at his mother's home in Provo. He had a cut on his arm and blood-soaked pants. Police also recovered six ounces of marijuana at the home.

Hight was arrested for investigation of burglary, theft and possession of marijuana in a drug-free zone with intent to distribute and booked into the Utah County jail.
  15. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Intent to buy $3 worth of pot? That won't even get you high. I think it is sad that the police department wastes their time on arresting people trying to buy $3 worth of pot. Waste of tax payer money and it achieves nothing. I don't see how someone trying to buy $3 worth of pot, and being incompetent in doing so, would have any sort of negative impact on society.
  16. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    As a man who works for a paper, here's my take, as short and sweet as it is:

They wanted the story. It was too easy, and too easy to feed to a reporter making rounds that evening, which is exactly how they got the coverage, I bet.

Every police force also has "the stickler." Like every group of people, each has a slightly different personality, and I know "the stickler" on the force where I work. They are the one that will pull you over for no turn signal and give you a ticket with a seriously stern look like you almost killed a baby.

"The stickler" exists in every walk of life, but I bet he was the one that made the decision to bust this chick. Either that, or the news coverage was too tempting for the other guys on duty.

Either way you slice it, she asked for it. That's like dangling an attractive, naked woman in front of a deprived man. Things are going to go the way they're going to go.
  17. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Lol, this is...interesting.
  18. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    I am reminded of my experience sitting on a federal grand jury many years ago. We heard a case where some guy decided to rob one of the Bank of Hawaii branches over on the island of Maui. He presented a note, was given some cash... not much- about two grand... When the police arrived, they found the robber sitting on a bench by the bank's ATM machine... counting his loot.. :eyebrow:

...needless to say, this was a rather easy case to hand down an indictment... :rollno:
  19. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I wonder what the whole story is here. Clearly no person in their right mind would do this... what was up with her mind?

Anyways... if she's expecting to get a bag for 3 bucks I want to know where she usually gets it from : )