Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Buy this craptastic Steve Harris Fender P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sanctum, Oct 5, 2003.

1. I think u'r apsolutely richt, it's imo a redicilous prise for the shape it's in.

Also i wonder where they got the idea naming it a 'steve harris fender p-bass' it's not she S. harris signarture. which is white.

just another e-bay n00b rip-off?

2. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    The Harris signature Ps are Blue with a Red tinted mirror pickguard. With the blue and red being the colors of Steve's favorite football (soccer) team. I will agrre that the bass listed in the auction is in terrible shape, the seller doesn't mention it but from the pictures it looks like he also sanded off the eddie from the headstock.

3. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    I heard a rumor that they discontinued the Harris P-bass because it was a better bass than the American Standards P-bass being produced at the time. I had a chance to buy one from the local Mars before they went out of business, the were selling it for only $450 with a case. I wish I would have, it was a great sounding bass.

4. The suggested price for this bass was USMSRP is $799.99..

$450.00 seems like a great deal!

;) Treena

5. How much do you think you'd have to play something to get that sort of wear in that amount of time?

I mean, I'm sure it can be done, I wore through the plastic cover on my bridge pickup before I replaced them, but it looks like the person was going around and deliberately beating it up. The strap hooks? C'mon.

6. Yea, he mentions it:

THIS GUITAR IS WELL USED YET STILL PLAYS WELL AND SOUNDS GREAT. THE IRON MAIDEN LOGO HAS BEEN SANDED OFF THHE HEADSTOCK YET STEVE'S SIGNATURE IS INTACT.

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I think he just relocated both of the strap pins several times.

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    A little research indicates that this bass sold for $500 to $600 new. I have no clue as to why someone would pay more than about $200 for a used one in POS condition.

9. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    My bad. I guess I'm going deaf from all of the SHOUTING.;)

10. I have to agree with you man...

It's in pretty bad shape,and the sticker...eww:)

But,it's his bass..and I'm sure thats how much it is worth to him,so you gotta respect that I guess:meh:

11. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    That makes me sad :( How anyone could treat any bass that badly is beyond me. And then have the B@LL$ to ask $500. Personally I wouldn't pay $50 for that..heck I wouldn't take it for free.

Where's the vomit smiley?

12. I suppose it is possible that he means Canandian dollars?

That might be a little closer to a fair value

13. what do u mean the current bid is 30 bucks

14. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    I'm left wondering if there is some kind of damage underneth the lowlife uk sticker, like a poor routing job where they may have tried to ad a J bridge pick-up.

15. Yeah, is this a joke? How bad can it be? This is a great value for a starting bassist.

16. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas

Maybe I should consider selling my Harris....

17. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I've got a J&L JB-2 for $570 that no one has taken off my hands yet and this guy sells...ok I'm gonna get flustered :) *lol*

18. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I would love to find a new one (Steve Harris P-Bass).