Buy your next bass from Greg at Rocket Music!

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by CliffD, Mar 15, 2010.

1. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    All I can say is they'd better "Ignite My Tone":smug: or I'll have to revise my glowing opinion of Rocket Music.

:D:D:D:D

(Just kidding Greg :D)

I can say that I had an easy transaction with Greg, (even got him to chuckle) so I can't be any happier. :)

Wish the order was an hundred fold and one of those 'Scoes was in my possession but.......

Thanks Greg,

God Bless, Ray

2. Hey... Anyone that can put up with a gaggle of clowns like us and give as good as he gets is alright in my book. And what the??? Did I miss the thread that said the SIT Strings requested had come in?? Did the 6 string set of Power Steel's come in???

3. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Nah, Ray got the regular length SIT nickels. I'm still waiting on my SIT order. My SIT sales guy called the other day checking to see if I needed anything... I said, "yeah, my order from 2 months ago". He was not pleased to hear that, so he's off on a mission to shake those loose. Sorry for the long wait.

And, thanks for the order, Ray! You paid for part of my lunch today, so I said a little mental thank you earlier :)

4. Considering that Greg's lunch consisted of Kobe baby seal filets and Macedonian Virgin Salmon caviar, this is saying something. You go, Ray! :D

5. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Mmmmm, mmmmm, good. You should see what I eat when I sell a Roscoe!!

6. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Thanks for laughing man :) All in good fun. :D

In due time, Mr. Burdick ;)

But, I think I might have contributed to 1/2 a hotdog or a thimble full of Bud Light with that monstrous order. :D

Hey next time I'll order somethin' so you can get a bag of Fritos with your Footlong Sub :D

God Bless, Ray

7. Allen_VA

Allen_VA

Sep 17, 2008
    Hokietown, VA
    SIT strings. Cam tested, Cam approved. Nice!

8. CliffD

CliffD Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Ahh yes, I've heard legends of these strings.

9. Sounds very much like the problem I had getting the SIT I ordered from a shop locally.. Next chance you get give the SIT sales guy a warm bud light and tell him thats all he gets for dropping the ball. He'll cry a lot and probably get sick as all hell from drinking that warm horse urine, but I'll bet he gets them strings to you pretty damned quick..

Damn man.. Kobe baby seal filets and Macedonian Virgin Salmon caviar?? Sounds to me like Jerry's hallucinating from that puffer fish sashimi again...

10. ...he tries that stuff with me, and he'll be at the end of the line!

:spit:

Yeah, you gotta cut that stuff JUST right...or...:eek:

11. dponbass

dponbass Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    New England
    I couldn't be happier that I live hundreds of miles away from Greg and his store. Never have I ever dealt with anyone so enthuiastic when dealing with customers, so knowledgable and so helpful as him. His store has the best of the best, so many things bassist and musicians desire and strive for. If I lived closer, I'd be there all the time and divorced. The time I spend viewing his site is bad enough. When I got my Roscoe from him, he was understanding, patient and let me put a deposit then pay as I sold some of my other basses. Luckily for me, I was able to pull some deals off quickly and it didn't take 2 weeks to finish it off. I called other stores and looked at other Roscoes and while I didn't have any bad experiences on the phone, Greg was clearly the most personable and seemed the most interested in talking to me. I've had many many basses, but for the first time I feel like I have a lifetime bass and the whole experience between the service and the item was stellar. All things being equal, if I'm looking for an item I could get anywhere, I'd see if Greg had it first, he's just that awesome to deal with.

12. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Man if I lived in NC or VA I'd "camp" with my "Will Thump For Food" sign in my 8X10 cardboard house.

Neither Greg nor Gard would know what to do with me.:smug:

:D

God Bless, Ray

13. Well, we're glad you like Georgia so much...

:eek:

;)

14. baltimore

baltimore

Dec 13, 2008
    Sometimes, I just call Greg to say hello,or to just kick it with him for a few minutes.Just a cool guy!Wrong thread, but I call and talk to Gard weekly also, just a great one ,two punch for the businesses involved!!!

15. CliffD

CliffD Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Jerry, you are hilarious! Greg is like Christopher Walken as Bruce Dickinson, he's got a fever and the only prescription is more Bardens!

16. eyeman1

eyeman1

Jul 9, 2009
    I just received my third bass from Greg. He has made every transaction very easy and straight forward. I'm sure that I'll be looking to purchase again and Rocket will be at the top of my list...still thinking about that Roscoe with 19mm spacing. :help:

17. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I just knew you'd be cool with the fact that he's now dropped Roscoe and has started carrying Modulus instead!!!:p

:D:D

18. Joe BassPlayer

Joe BassPlayer Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Greg Who? :D

19. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yep, notice the lack of Gard's presence in this thread after I mentioned that................:p:D:D

20. mwbonsall

mwbonsall Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2000
    Casa Grande, Arizona
    Greg, and Dan, have an excellent music store. I wish I was close enough to drop by and see it. Every time I call Rocket Music Greg always answers and says he is not busy, and then takes the time to answer my questions. E-mails are also answered quickly, and it is so nice to talk to someone who actually plays music. This is my favorite music store!

Mark

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021