Buy your next bass from Greg at Rocket Music!

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by CliffD, Mar 15, 2010.

1. the best, enough said.

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Received my 3rd bass that I've purchased through Greg this past weekend, and once again, I have nothing but good to say about my dealing with him.

And somewhere down the road, I'll be buying another one from him (fretless needed/wanted). But if I wanna stay married, I am not even gonna mention that to my wife for quite a few months.......;):D

3. bobunit

bobunit I'm here. Now what?

Jul 15, 2008
    Idaho
    I have dealt with many stores over the years and there are very few that make my 'List' for repeat business... Rocket Music is at the top of that list. :bassist:

4. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Wow, thanks Bob! I wish could drink beer and eat massive burgers with ALL of my customers :)

5. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    I buy all my Roscoe's from Greg. :D

6. scd

scd

Feb 12, 2008
    Roanoke, VA
    Number 3 from Greg is on order now. I have nothing but good things to say. Without question the best music store I've had the pleasure of doing business with!
    Steve :)

7. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Hey, thanks Fred and Steve!

And Steve's #3 is Roscoe #1 for him!! How exciting!!

8. René_Julien

René_Julien Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    I meant to bump this thread myself.

3 basses in total I now bought from Greg.
    Way cool that he ships international. :) That's how I get the good stuff. (Roscoe and Gadow)

Good communication, great prices and impacable service. Good shipping, much bubble wrap.

Except taxes and duties are killer.
    I suspect the Belgian state makes more money out of the transaction than Greg makes a profit.

9. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    I've bought loads of gear from Rocket................(while sleeping) :D

God Bless, Ray

10. i hate username

i hate username

Jan 9, 2006
    Nice to see people taking the time to commend good costomer service.

Its all well and good that we can b**ch and moan online when its done badly but i think we need to share our experiences when its done really well. It may help more stores give good customer service instead of just "not offensively bad" customer service.

11. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Oh, man, don't say that!! Heh-heh - I'm kidding... sort of :meh: :D

Trading can be a nightmare, but I always try to make it fair for both of us. At the end of the day, I'm going to make something when I sell your stuff for you... but I'm not going to rape you 6 ways to Sunday.

Thanks very much for much for the good wishes! I hope we can make this latest deal come through, you've got me interested in what you have...

12. bassWR

bassWR Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Warner Robins GA
    Haven't bought a bass from Greg................YET!

But I placed a small item order today and had shipping notification and a cordial e-mail from Greg before I could get my credit card back in my wallet.

Kudos Greg & Rocket.
    Take it from a guy in the customer service business.....this is as good as it gets. :D:D:D:D

13. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA
    Same here, called Greg 10 min before closing, placed order, got great deal and amt. was on my debit card asap. I feel very confident dealing with Rocket. Wish other retailers, etc.. were so responsive :confused:

14. Joe BassPlayer

Joe BassPlayer Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    On the last item that I purchased from Greg, I called, placed the order, hung up the phone and the door bell rang.

It was the UPS guy leaving it on my front porch! :eek:

Greg's like the Santa Claus of bass gear! :hyper:

.....maybe he's an over-grown elve! :meh:

15. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Hey, thanks guys! As always, I appreciate your biz, no matter how large or small the order. :hyper:

A little too overgrown, in all the wrong places... :rollno:

16. See, you're wasting your time with that hideous light "beer" you're drinking! Just give in and drink the real stuff!

17. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    Greg's cool as ice! Vanilla Ice! :smug:

BTW Gard, Where's Drew? Don't tell me married life's costin' ya that much?

:D

God Bless, Ray

18. Ditto!!! Simply outstanding service all around, start to finish. Both my orders which included multiple shipments with parts being dropped shipped were placed on Monday morning with stuff from Greg's shop arriving 24hrs later and drop shipments 48 hours later.

Over and above the call of duty - always fast and eager to answer questions and bend over backward to make sure you're 100% confident and comfortable with your purchase and product... Have I said "outstanding"!!!!!

And for us bass players what an added perk that he's a bassist with a discriminating taste in equipment, music, tone, etc. Simply a win-win situation all around.

-PE

19. :bassist: Thanks Greg,I appreciated all of your help & patience with my first Roscoe adoption.No sales pressure,upfront honesty & courteous,great prices on great equipment.Would definetly recommend Rocket Music to any serious musician.(The wife will too,lol)Praise & Worship service wont be the same in Henry County.God Bless:hyper::bassist:

20. LOVE my G&L honey-over-quilted-maple JB2. Great job, Greg.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021