Buy your next bass from Greg at Rocket Music!

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by CliffD, Mar 15, 2010.

1. A good store will take care of you til you make that purchase.The day after,they forget who you are and you're own your own for follow up service!Greg & Danny at RocketMusic run a great store,go out of their way to keep you happy,long after the sale.Thanks guys,keep up the great job.:hyper: HAPPY CUSTOMER

2. Vicdaman24

Vicdaman24

Jan 3, 2011
    Hey, I had read about Roscoe basses in bass player magazine a couple months and did some research into it. Then I found out i lived near the Greensboro(i'm about 1hr away actually) so i drove up and met Gard and he showed me around the shop which definitely made me super interested in getting one. He told me if i wanted to one i have to order it through a dealer and he recommended Rocket Music. I've check out your website a couple of times and was definitely impressed. I was wondering how I would go about ordering a roscoe and how the process of getting works. After looking at a bunch of them on here, facebook, and other sites, as well as remembering my talk with Gard, I was thinking about a SKB3006 Ash body w/ and Onyx finish but i know there's a lot of details i my need to work out. Sorry this is so long winded.

3. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Give me a shout anytime, Vic, and I'd be happy to explain the ordering process and work out a price quote for you!

4. Joe BassPlayer

Joe BassPlayer Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    I purchased another bass from Greg and recieved the same awesome service as the first time!

Greg's attention to the deatils (everyting from setup to packaging to communication) are absolutely the BEST!

By far the top dealer on the NET!

Thanks Greg! :)

5. JBFLA

JBFLA Roscoe FANatic

Apr 8, 2003
    Jupiter FLA
    I'm late to this thread - apologies to Greg and staff.

Given the opportunity (and they seem to be fewer and farther between), the purchase of a tool, which also happens to be a piece of art, can be rare. The relationship between the buyer and seller can make the process memorable or forgettable.

I spoke with Greg from Day1 (from the Roscoe shop). He and I spoke several times and PM'd even more. He made ABSOLUTELY sure that the order was right, the shipping info was right and covered every base (no pun intended). Compared to other purchases, he went above and beyond.

And that, is damned good business; although I think it goes farther than that - he's looking out for his brethren.

None of this is news to you who have dealt with Greg and Rocket Music. He's got my business for any and all future purchases.

6. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Hey, thanks a bunch, Joe and Jim!! It's extremely gratifying to hear feedback like that!

7. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA
    Yeah, Greg is OK, I guess.....

...just wished he had more "pointy basses" :D:D:D:D:D

[​IMG]

I kid, I kid. I have purchased one Roscoe from Greg plus effects, straps, strings, recorders, etc..., every single purchase is professional and followed up by great tracking info and promptness.

Now where did I leave my hair spray and acid-washed jeans........? :smug:

8. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Actually..... I'd be quite damn tempted by this 'un....

[​IMG]

Probably have to have some Barden's in though, eh?

9. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    Greg is into Barts now. Bardens are so 2010. :smug:

:D

God Bless , Ray

10. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    And Audere is next on my chopping block! I see a Demeter or a Bart pre in my near term future...

Nothing wrong with Bardens or Audere, I'm just going through a little search for something different. I get bored too easily. :rollno::D

11. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    I'm totally retro... :D
    Funny coincidence, I was reading a few posts the other day on how the Audere was loosing popularity recently.

I keep on wanting to try Aguilar pre-amps, and keep having to convince myself against screwing with a good thing(or good things).

12. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    What's next? Are you going To revert back to DR Strings?... KOA =yuck....

What's the world coming to in blacksburg????

God Bless, Ray

13. What's the world coming to in blacksburg????

God Bless, Ray[/QUOTE]

I often wonder the same thing Ray. But, we have Rocket Music to help make sense of things. I was there twice yesterday!:D:bassist:

14. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Lucky Dog! :bassist:

God Bless, Ray

15. Bass7755

Bass7755

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    I haven't purchased a bass from Greg yet. But I have bought
    a Mono bag AND my new Genz-Benz Streamliner.
    It's really nice to have someone like Greg and Rocket so close
    to me.

Hey Greg...I thinking about Genz-Benz night.
    Can I let you know I'm coming on the 15th?:meh::eek:
    Dan

16. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Thanks, Dan!

For sure on the GB night, it's fairly casual. I think there will be refreshments, so I just need a rough head count by like the day before...

17. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    Well, had a few recent transactions with Greg(Gadow Bass and a Genz Streamliner/TC rig), and as usual couldn't be happier with how they went down, excellent service and super products! :D

18. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Thanks, Bill! Enjoy!

19. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA
    Greg Rulz'

7189833906_710e271f9f.png

Thanks my man, she sure sounded sweet last night. See you in a month

20. Gtripdub

Gtripdub

Jan 14, 2012
    i have bought ag th500 from gregg and a set of nordtrand jazz 70s wind in the last 5months long distance..excellent service..nice cats ..great prices..will mosdef make more purchases from rocket music!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021