Buy your next bass from Greg at Rocket Music!

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by CliffD, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    I purchased a Mono Vertigo gig bag and a Tick attachment bag from Greg and I was very happy with the prompt responses and the quick service. Both items shipped the same day I sent my payment (the Tick from Greg and the Vertigo direct from Mono). And the price was good too. I'll be back. :bassist:

BlueMINI likes this.
  2. Purchased a guitar last week and experienced first hand the awesome customer service these guys provide. Greg was most patient and helpful. Even though I'm on the other side of the globe, it felt like buying from my local music store.

Can't wait for the guitar to arrive :hyper:

3. Maiden Bass

Maiden Bass Inactive

Feb 11, 2007
    Just want to tell fellow talkbassers that I have dealt with many music/bass stores over the years and most stores don't want to work with you whenever a problem arises. I can tell you that dealing with Greg was a different experience for me and when I had some problems Greg worked with me and made things right, which I feel is a rare thing these days.

If you are looking for someone to trust with a high dollar purchase I highly recommend Greg at Rocket Music!

4. coop

coop

Jun 22, 2002
    Oklahoma
    Add me to the list of guys who are impressed with Greg and Rocket Music. I could not find a G&L dealer (or G&L themselves) who were interested enough to return my e-mails, much less get me a preamp assembly for my L-2500. Greg returned my PM the same day, and has one on it's way to me less than 48 hours since I first contacted him.

I know where I'm ordering my next G&L from.

RocketMusic likes this.
  5. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Thanks, David! I try to sell strings and other accessories with the same enthusiasm and attention to detail as I do the high dollar instruments. I manage to get there most days! LOL

PS - I asked G&L about a 5-string ASAT, but that was a no-go. Sorry!

6. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    I have! Three times this year so far! Hope to get my next amp and cab from him too! He has earned my respect and loyalty!

mwbonsall and RocketMusic like this.
  7. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Thanks, Scott!! Keep on rockin'!

armybass likes this.
  8. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I bought *my* next bass from Greg too! What a good dude....

armybass, RocketMusic and mwbonsall like this.
  9. mwbonsall

mwbonsall Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2000
    Casa Grande, Arizona
    I would buy more if the ones I want didn't cost so much.......

Mark

10. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Rockin' Pacman. I hope ya dig it!

11. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Ya might have to un-retire, Mark! :smug:

mwbonsall likes this.
  12. bassWR

bassWR Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Warner Robins GA
    Well I just received my second bass purchase from Greg/Rocket and what a great buying experience. Always willing to answer questions and give solid input.
    Why deal with gui**** Center or Musicians Fiend when you can deal with a real player (and a good one) who cares about your satisfaction.
    Thanks again Greg.

BTW...Check out my comments in the G& L Empress thread.

RocketMusic and blindrabbit like this.
  13. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Just bought a new Genzler MG800 and MG212T from Greg. As ALWAYS, the deal went absolutely perfect. Shipped out the same day that I paid, so the gear got here in time for my gig at the end of the week. As I've said before, when I'm in the market for new gear, I always check with Greg first to see if it's something he stocks/carries. I know I'll always get the best deal possible, without having to shop around and price match or whatever else it is the kids do these days.

LilRay and mwbonsall like this.
  14. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Thanks, Ryan!

15. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    very happy, repeat, customer here of Rocket Music.

RocketMusic likes this.
  16. mikeluch

mikeluch

Nov 30, 2004
    Ocala, FL
    Greg is awesome to deal with. I have had many questions and he always answered them quickly and professionally. Sometimes I felt like I was asking a stupid one, but he always responded.
    I have purchased Berg gear from him and recently a Mike Lull and have been very satisfied.
    I always look to Rocket Music first when looking for gear.

RocketMusic likes this.
  17. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Thanks, guys! Much appreciated!

18. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

I've had many "stupid" conversations with Greg over the years. He always takes the time to talk and never makes you feel bad. Great guy, great gear, great advice.

RocketMusic likes this.
  19. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    You guys are too funny. It's a pleasure helping when I can!

20. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Greg is the man. My wife knows that whenever she sees me texting with a smile on my face after work that it is Greg and I’m gonna be buying a bass. I’ve purchased at least 15 Basses from Greg and I’m just getting warmed up. I do so because Greg is a great friend and a great businessman to deal with. The customer comes first and Greg will do whatever it takes to make the deal that you want. He’s more than earned my loyalty, I owe it to him. You cannot go wrong when you’re working with Greg and Rocket Music.

oren, A-Ro, craigb and 5 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021