Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Buy your own missle base / Launcher

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassjamn, Jan 27, 2005.

1. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Buy your own missle base,

Missle Base

or if you cant afford that, buy your own russian missle launcher.

missle launcher

Wmd's for you, me and everyone :p:smug:

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Keep it down! do you WANT to be invaded? :scowl:

3. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Of course not, Just posting it at the absurdity of Ebay, I cant believe the things they sell there.

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I wonder how much gear you could haul with that thing. A bass rig that measures on the richter scale.

5. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I remember someone put up a 60 Ft. satellite dish for sale on e-bay. It was pretty cool.

So you have a base, a launcher and no missle.......wow, talk about leaving the frosting off the crap cake.

6. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    I read an article that Ebay pulled the missle link down because selling them together is "unacceptable"

but selling them seperate i suppose is :confused:
    Well i guess they are Demilitarized.

7. I don't find this funny at all. This kind of thing leads to legislation. The kind of legislation that gets rid of things like model rockets and fireworks.

Oh yeah, I bet you all didn't hear about this. The Consumer Products Saftery Comission has just passed a new law that states that anyone in the US cannot buy more than 25 feet of fuse in one year. So get out your measureing tapes, folks, this year's 4th will be a small one.:mad:

I will post the link to this here when my dad gets home. He showed me the site in the first place.

Rock on
    Eric

8. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    What you mean you guys don't have one of those already? Pfft get with the times. I'm ready for when that dang gubenment wants to take dem dang guns off me!

9. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    You have GOT to be kidding me!? I have my Level 1 license, does that affect me? I'm also going to be attempting level 3 eventually, will it affect me then? I mean, c'mon! I can launch a rocket with "H" engines.

Ray

10. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    This will prolly lead to some serious injury of people now cutting back on the lengths of their fuses, so they can still launch as much as they did before, but with shorter/incorrect length fuses... not good... not good at all.

Ray

Edit: Yes, I had to post twice.

11. Ebays where I bought my Panzers and Mustard bombs, Im looking to buy a chain gun too, that way I can take over the whitehouse and turn this democracy into a PAGEOCRACY!!!!

12. No, what it means (if I read the text right) is that you have to now show ID to buy fireworks, and that the length of fuse (including internal stuff on those bigger fountains) will be logged electronically, and you will not be premitted to buy after you hit your limit.

Sucks, don't it?

Rock on
    Eric

13. Hey, good to see another rocketeer here!!

Yes, this will affect you, but there are other laws you need to worry about.

Currently, to get your level 2 and 3 you need a LEUP, or Low Explosives User Permit. These are tests that you have to take, they cost $100, and you have to re-new every year.

Plus you have to have a safe installed on you property (not IN your house, on your PROPERTY) that is inspected by the local fire marshall, and all your motor grains must be stored in there. This costs between $1000 and $3000, depending on the size of your safe and how many motor grains you have.

PLUS there is new legislation in affect that says if you shoot a rocket over 25,000 feet you have to alert the FAA BEFOREHAND and get their permission in addition to the waiver that the launch has. This will set you back another $100 PER LAUNCH OVER 25,000!!!:eek:

Thank you, the rest of America, for being so damned afraid of anything that moves that you ruin the good, clean, SAFE, EDUCATIONAL fun for the rest of us.:mad:

Sorry, rant over. I'm not too hapy with our current administration, and with BATF/FAA/CPSC in particular.

Rock on
    Eric

14. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Well, I do most things through ERAU (my college - I'm SO glad I go to an avaition university!), so I don't have to worry about 99% of that junk. I didn't know about the LEUP though, nor the FAA guideline. Do you happen to have a link to this new legislation? I'd like to read up on it myself...thanks.

a very pissed Ray

15. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool, can I be the guy who stands near the throne in a black robe and hood and whispers evil things in your ear?

16. Of course ............hahahahMUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA(cue for advisor Blisshead to join psychotic laughter)HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaHAahahHAHAHAHAHahaHAhAHadsHaHaHEHAWHaHaChICKAWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

17. It'l be a while, but I'm going to get links up for all three of those. Plus the new BATF restrictions.

Actually, I think I posted those a while ago. Lemme do a search.

Rock on
    Eric

18. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Thanks man. If you can, PM/e-mail me with anything you come up with. This has me in pissed mode...a very rare occurance.

Ray

19. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    This is a rare occurance - an OT thread being hijacked by a more serious discussion.

20. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Shush you! Can't you see there's serious business abound!? :bag:

Ray :p