Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Buyers Guide for Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Jun 2, 2003.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    OK for all of you that dont know what ive been on about lately, ive decided that this place could use a buyers guide. Alot of people have been starting threads saying "Whats hte best things for me with X dollars" and they've been getting narky because they havent got any replies.

So ive decided to start this. Its still under construction, and not complete buy far. What you do, is find out some informatiopn about an amp or group of amps, and fill in the information. The information needed is:

-Brand
    -Model
    -Wattage
    -Comments (CABS & COMBOS: 1x15 2x10 Weight ect HEADS:Tube or solid state & Weight ect)
    -and the price, in either US dollars, Canadian Dollars, Euros or English Pounds. The price doesnt need to be 100%, we just need a rough idea.

Theres also a page for Pre-amps and Power-amps, and they require the same feilds. Please be very careful as to put in only new types of amps, as 2 entires of the same amp arent helping :)

Once you have downloaded the file, edit it, and then post it again (in a zip file) with your content.

If two people have edited it at the same time, and put different information in it, i will go to the mercy myself to update it. ALTHOUGH if anyone else would like to do this is would be greatly appreciated.

I know people have reccomended color codes and other things, but can we just try and get the raw data into this table first, then we can put finishing touches on it.

Jaynlab and Zonbass have contributed immensley, and they deserve alot of credit for what has already been started. They also know what is going on, and if you have any queries or your not sure how to contribute (and you would like to) please contact me, or Jaynlab.

Thanks alot for everyones help, its greatly appreciated. If we can pul this project on, it will make TB all that more better than Tabcrawler :D :rolleyes:

-Kirbo

2. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    I am adding Eden right now so nobody do it.

3. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Adding EUR prices on Eden.

Adding Fender, too.

4. JayAmel

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
  5. squire_pwr

squire_pwr

Apr 15, 2003
    San Diego, CA.
    working on GK heads, cabs, combos and avatar cabs, so don't do them. :)

6. squire_pwr

squire_pwr

Apr 15, 2003
    San Diego, CA.
    GK and avatar done and added.

7. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    Adding Boogie, Bergantino, Epifani, Trace Elliot and Peavey and anything else I can think of.

8. Hey this is a good idea. Might see if i can rummage Aussie prices...

:D:D

Merls

9. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    This is coming along well guys, we just need a few more entries, and then ill start to convert all the prices, and we'll be laughin! :D

10. JayAmel

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Kirby, please be careful with price conversion. This is not only a matter of currency rates, but also (and mainly) a matter of geographic area. An American amp is more pricey in EU than in USA because of shipment and so on.

If you wish, when the file is ready, I'll pick up the EU prices and fill them. Just like I did for a few brands.

All the best,

11. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    OK then. I was just putting the prices into that xe.com website, and converting them. I take it this isnt the right thing to do. Sorry :D

12. Just updated a couple of SWR AUD prices, i'll do more when I get a chance.

13. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Cheers. The local music shop round my neck of the woods dont have SWR ect, they only have jade and all that :D.

Thanks all! Keep em coming if you think there is more to add! and if anyone wants to do some price converting, be my guest, :D

14. squire_pwr

squire_pwr

Apr 15, 2003
    San Diego, CA.
    I think cabs is the place. Under 'options' just say it's a powered speaker, or maybe have a short explaination before you list them?

That actually sounds pretty interesting tho... might be an option i'll look into later on. :)

15. • corrections on the TECH 21 stuff (added the powered speakers)
    • added all Peavey bass gear (including poweramps)

>>> Please rename the extension of the Exel file to .xls (my zip-software doesn't work anymore, I'm on a macintosh).

16. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Where's all the Hartke gear?

17. I'd have a guess at the fact nobody has done it yet.

18. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I added most of the Hartke stuff. I know there's more. I can finish later. At least here's something to work with.