buyin a new 410 dont know what to get. help?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassmusic1234, Feb 9, 2009.

1. bassmusic1234

bassmusic1234

Dec 28, 2007
    i play rock, jazz, dixie, reggae, funk, metal, blues, and folk in various gigging bands. i have an ashdown 810 but its way too big. i have an 800 watt yorkville head which i absoultly love because of its versatility but because of the high wattage ill need an 8 ohm 410 cab. i was looking at eden, traynor, and swr. could anyone point me in the right direction?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Yes. Your local music store.

3. bassmusic1234

bassmusic1234

Dec 28, 2007
    no my local music store is run by a bunch of amature guitarists who told me to buy a marshall haha

4. akane2

akane2

Sep 28, 2008
    you need to order an Avatar 410 neo. Just got one and its the best cab i could ever own for such a great price. And great service. Check out avatarspeakers.com there only like $460 brand new at 1000 watts! dooooo it

5. TLW

TLW

Dec 23, 2007
    St.Louis, MO area
    i use an avatar B410 with my GK head and love it.

6. An Eden 410XLT is probably a good first choice followed by the Eden 410XST. Both come in 8ohms and kick really hard!

Otherwise if you like the tone you get from your Ashdown cab, could you get something in an Ashdown 410 to give you the tone you've been enjoying?

7. bassmusic1234

bassmusic1234

Dec 28, 2007
    haha actually i hate my ashdown cab lol. it craps out at high volumes and there is no definition or clarity. i love my warwick bass and i am looking for a cab that compliments the warwick sound nicely. anyone know much about the new trace elliott stuff?

8. panaran

panaran

Dec 1, 2008
    +1 more for Avatar. Have had my 410 for about 3 weeks now and I'm diggin it. Gets pretty loud for a 410 and sounds great

9. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    Another vote for the Eden 4x10 XLT.
    Plus, a shameless plug for the Ampeg 4x10 HLF

10. RTL

RTL Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Leander, TX
    Since when does an Ampeg HLF = Clarity? :smug:

11. Madcity Fats

Madcity Fats Supporting Member

May 28, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    +1 more for Avatar. I have the 212 Neo and love it. If I were in the market for a 210 or 410, I'd go with the same brand.

Don't let the price fool you, these are serious cabs. In fact, I'll say without hesitation that the construction of the cabinets themselves is nicer than what you'll find on most of the pricier competition.

Plus, you get lots of color options! Screw black carpet, how about purple tolex?

12. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Inactive

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Warwick and Eden play very nice together.

I'd go with a 410XLT/XST or even a 212XLT.

13. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'd go for neos if you're worried about weight. A big 4x10 like an Eden XST is going to be as unwieldy as a lot of 8x10s.

The Avatar cabs are damn fine.

Personally, I would go to LDS or Dr. Bass though. not a lit more than Avatar, and a bit better. LDS would be a good pick as they excel at making very light cabs and have a short lead time.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021