Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

buying a bass from NY from Europe

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pacojastorius, Mar 11, 2006.

1. pacojastorius

pacojastorius Guest

May 21, 2005
    usa
    has anyone here had experience buying a bass from NY and shipping it to Europe,
    how much are the shipping and tax charges, are they much?
    im thinking of ordering a Pensa bass from Rudys

2. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Hi, I'm French too and I did it several times.

To know how much it costs, you may add the price and the shipping fee the retailer asks for. Then you have to calculate about 21 % that you will have to pay to the customs (VAT + custom fees). The taxes will be calculated based on the value the retailer declares on the exports papers.

Cheers
    Jay

3. Nitkin

Nitkin

Aug 10, 2002
    Barcelona,Spain
    shipping is between 100 and 250 euros,depending on a company.USPS is good and quite fast

4. flash99

flash99

Jun 8, 2005
    New York City
    I ship internationally through TNT Freight and I think Rudy uses them also. It's generally around $100-125 to Europe and usually takes 1-2 business days unless something gets held up in customs.

5. pacojastorius

pacojastorius Guest

May 21, 2005
    usa
    hi flash99 i checked your site out, those jazz basses look very nice, how much would one of those babys cost after everything :rolleyes:

6. flash99

flash99

Jun 8, 2005
    New York City
    Email me from the link on my web site (top right on any page). I don't think it's kosher to talk business here but I'm happy to answer any questions you may have privately.