Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Buying a Bass in S.E. Michigan

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by LJV, Dec 18, 2003.

1. LJV

LJV

Dec 18, 2003
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a place to try and buy basses in S.E. Michigan. Any info would great, especially good or bad experiences!

2. Brent Norton

Brent Norton

Sep 26, 2003
    Detroit, MI
    you could check out wilson fine violins in birmingham; rob usually has a half-dozen or so basses ready to go, and often a coupla projects in the works.

check elderly.com to see what elderly instruments has in stock... if there's something you're interested in, it's just a short ride to lansing to check it out.

i recall marshall music in lansing also sold double basses, and i believe there's a new location in troy -- that might be another place to check.

some of the luthiers who frequent the board know of some guys in the ypsi / ann arbor area, so hopefully they'll chime in soon...

3. Wyzird05

Wyzird05

Dec 1, 2003
    South Bend, IN
    Ann Arbor has Shar Music, I don't know if they have basses on hand or not. Otherwise Woodwind and Brasswind in South Bend, IN has a few basses depending on what you want.

4. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Just came from Wilson's- he's got a nice assortment today. He was just unwrapping a really interesting Chinese fully-carved bass- 5/8 size with sloping shoulders. Gorgeous instrument.