Hello, A friend living in the Middle East, whose bass I played and liked several times, is now selling it. The up side: It's a beautiful 1884 3/4 from a reputable maker, with a label, maintained by a qualified luthier over the owner's 30 years of ownership. The downers: It's got an Eb neck (and I'm more comfortable with D); it has cello-like rounded shoulders that could pose a challenge going in and out of thumb position. Oh - and after a 13-hour flight to get to the States, it will require two more plane rides to get from the East to the West Coast of the US. The seller is holding out for $18k. To pick up the bass, I'd have to fly to the East Coast with my (empty) Gage trunk - in the middle of the spiking coronavirus (next month). That means three airports and two planes in each direction - with folks packed in and with varying degrees of concern over possible infection - and an overnight hotel stay. I guess you'll say I have to really love this bass to run that gauntlet and take that risk. Not to mention, there are no gigs in sight, and the Pandemic Assistance is to due expire at the end of July. I've done the math, and I think I can afford it without going broke. One more upside consideration is the bass, assuming it arrives home in one piece, sounds great, and should appreciate in value - if I live long enough to enjoy it. Re-reading this, it seems pretty crazy to even consider, but it'd be helpful to hear some input from experienced players. Thank you.