1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Buying a Bongo from the States

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Insanity^2, Feb 22, 2008.

1. I did search :smug: Feel free to point me in the right direction if you've seen this before.

I'm hoping to buy a Bongo 5 HH soon, and have around $1100... the only option is to buy from America, but Music123 is the only shop I'm aware of that will ship overseas (I think?).
    However, Music123 is selling them at over $1600, and I've seen many posts where they were going for $1200...
    Where do you buy them!?
    I'll wait around on eBay for a used one if need be, but a new one would be simpler/quicker (finding a 5-string HH is surprisingly hard... unless I wanted orange...:scowl:), and more satisfying (c'mon, it's nice to have a new bass!)

So... any help would be greatly appreciated :)

2. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    i will be suprised....and a bit annoyed to find out that anyone can ship mm overseas....because 123 said no to me as will everyone else in the us to shipping abroad.

all you can do is get it sent to somone that you know in the us who can then forward to you.

you may well have to use their credit card as well cause they wont sometimes ship to cards of different addresses.

thats my take.

3. jasper383

jasper383

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    US dealers can't send them overseas, as part of the agreement they have with the manufacturer.

If you find a private seller (maybe in the classifieds here) they can send it to you USPS or UPS, whatever. $150-300 postage.

4. Well that sucks :(
    I'll just wait around then, thanks for clearing things up :bassist:
    If only people would accept a bright orange one, all my problems would be solved :rolleyes:

5. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    I was going to say try Bass Central, as they are a big MM dealer, and I know they ship internationally, but I wasn't aware of this specific policy.

6. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    ThePerfectBass will ship international on some basses, ask on their sponsord forum here and the will quickly get you an answer.

7. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Check your PMs

8. bovinehost

bovinehost Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    Some basses (new) can be shipped internationally, but EBMM protects their foreign dealers by not allowing US dealers to do that sort of thing.

Used, however, is wide open.