1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Buying a fender Geddy Lee from Ishibashi.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Halkan, Dec 20, 2006.

1. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    I think the Geddy Lee bass even though it is made in Japan, is only for export to the US and places other then Japan. I had asked GuitarJapan.com (were I got my 62 Jazz RI fretless) if they could get the Geddy and they told me no.

2. Hmm, I see. I'm sure that might be the case but I remember reading somewhere on the forum about someone who said the Geddy could be bought from Ishibashi, don't remeber what post though. Either way I assume that the bass in the link isn't a Geddy since it says nothing about the neck profile and they list the bridge as vintage instead of a BaddAss II.

Thanks for the quick reply

3. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
  4. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Fender Japan has a jazz that looks like the Geddy (black body, maple neck with black block inlays), but it is not. It is just a 70's something reissue.

5. Doctor J: Yeah I do believe you are right, buying from Thomann is basically the same price. Thanks for the tip.

ClassicJazz: Yes, that must be the one that I saw and thought was the geddy, but the specs of that bass made me wonder.

Thanks to both of you.

Cheers