Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Buying a korg toneworks AX1B Bass Multieffect processor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by VictorLeMonteWooten, Dec 6, 2000.

1. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    I'm thinking of getting a korg AX1B. It has over 70 effects, a chromatic tuner, and a metronome for $140. I would like to hear feedback on what people think the effect pedal. I think it is the most economical, even though i don't even know what i would do with over 70 effects. I'll probably use:
    wah
    distortion
    phase shifter
    digital delay
    and a couple others.
    That could easily cost over $250
    plus a tuner could cost over $50

does anyone have a strong objection or think i should immediatly get it?

Fenders Kick IT!!!

2. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    I bought a Korg AX1B about six months ago. I only occasionally use effects live, but I wanted something to play around with at home. I think you get what you pay for. IMO, it is worth the money for the variety of effects and tuner, but I don't think it is gig-worthy. I know that the plastic case and buttons wouldn't last on the road, but it is OK at home. I don't like the distortions much, however. Also, the envelope filters are too predictable and boring (I have a DOD env. filter that sounds great). I use the chorus, flange, reverb, and a few others. I have found that it actually sounds better with guitar. So, I would recommend it if you aren't looking for hi-fi sounds and durability, but need something to experiment with. Good luck!

3. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    The three effect prossesors are:
    1. Korg AX1B $130-140
    2. DOD Bass30 $160
    3. Zoom 506 (last time i checked it was $100, probably cheaper)

Give me some feedback, please.