1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Buying a korg toneworks AX1B Bass Multieffect processor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by VictorLeMonteWooten, Dec 6, 2000.

1. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    I'm thinking of getting a korg AX1B. It has over 70 effects, a chromatic tuner, and a metronome for $140. I would like to hear feedback on what people think the effect pedal. I think it is the most economical, even though i don't even know what i would do with over 70 effects. I'll probably use:
    wah
    distortion
    phase shifter
    digital delay
    and a couple others.
    That could easily cost over $250
    plus a tuner could cost over $50

does anyone have a strong objection or think i should immediatly get it?

Fenders Kick IT!!!

2. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Ohio, USA
    I bought a Korg AX1B about six months ago. I only occasionally use effects live, but I wanted something to play around with at home. I think you get what you pay for. IMO, it is worth the money for the variety of effects and tuner, but I don't think it is gig-worthy. I know that the plastic case and buttons wouldn't last on the road, but it is OK at home. I don't like the distortions much, however. Also, the envelope filters are too predictable and boring (I have a DOD env. filter that sounds great). I use the chorus, flange, reverb, and a few others. I have found that it actually sounds better with guitar. So, I would recommend it if you aren't looking for hi-fi sounds and durability, but need something to experiment with. Good luck!

3. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    The three effect prossesors are:
    1. Korg AX1B $130-140
    2. DOD Bass30 $160
    3. Zoom 506 (last time i checked it was $100, probably cheaper)

Give me some feedback, please.