buying a new amp, help needed...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by buzzbomb, Aug 3, 2004.

1. buzzbomb

Aug 3, 2004
  2. Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    Yeah, that head should work perfectly with that cab. It's probably not gonna be very loud at all, but I don't know what you're after.

I don't know if you're looking for advice here or not, or if you did this, but make sure you try that cabinet before you buy it. People seem to be very love/hate about the aluminum cones.
  3. Your link says the cabinet is rated at 8 ohms and that head only puts out 80 watts at 8 ohms. 80 watts into a 4x10 sounds quite underpowered to me. You didn't say what kind of situation you're planning on using it in, but you'll never get above a drummer with 80 watts unless those 10's are mighty mighty efficient (which I doubt they are) Try picking up a used Harkte 3500 head somewhere. It would be over 200 watts into 8 ohms.

Always try before you buy.
  4. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Just some friendly advice...

Save up a little more money (if you need to) and look for a used Hartke 3500 (asuming that you want to stick with Hartke). You should be able to find one for less than $300, and you'll have a much better amp!
  5. Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    I second that. If you get the 1400, it won't be long at all before you're thinking "man, I should get another amp."