1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

buying a new amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by harpguy74, Feb 29, 2016.

1. harpguy74

harpguy74

Oct 2, 2011
    quebec canada
    sold my gk mb112 yesterday for more than I paid for it and will be heading into the city to pick up a new amp next weekend, I am looking at the ampeg ba212 v2 599$ Canadian or the fender rumble 500 for
    800$. I am leaning towards the ampeg. any opinions would be appreciated or experiances with either

2. I have the Fender Rumble 500 head. I love it dearly. Extremely light and portable. Sturdy construction. Plenty of features and, most importantly, great tone! It has an awesome Vintage circuit button. Mine is always pressed!

Linnin likes this.
  3. stonewall

stonewall

Jun 14, 2010
    ontario,Canada
    i believe the Rumble has 2 10,s if that is true i would be doing the Ampeg with 2 12,s.

4. harpguy74

harpguy74

Oct 2, 2011
    quebec canada
    My bad. The ampeg is a 2x10.

mbelue likes this.
  5. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    In that case, go with whatever features seem most important to you. I would prefer the Rumble for the great tone and low weight, but the Ampeg is good too, and does cost less.

6. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Another vote of confidence for the Fender Rumble 500 combo.
    Clean and powerful with quick accurate transient response for punchy dynamic attack. Vintage vibe and tube like overdrive whenever you need it. Just punch a button. Everything you want & need at a price you can afford.

amusicalperson likes this.
  7. Go with features and sound in person (take YOUR bass with you). $201 additional for the slight power increase of the Rumble over the Ampeg is not a realistic consideration. What makes your ears happy is what matters be it $201 more or $201 less.

harpguy74 likes this.
  8. By the way @harpguy74 don't forget to check your local Traynor offerings, great stuff and being Canadian no markup for import duties ;).