1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

buying a new amp...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by slapnpop, Mar 5, 2008.

1. slapnpop

slapnpop

Aug 4, 2007
    i need a little help on what amps are good because i dont wanna waste my money on something bad. which brand is the best? and any other info about good amps please let me know!

2. edbass

edbass

Nov 8, 2004
    I think the best amp for you to look for is called the "Search".
    If nothing else it will keep you busy for a few days :smug:.

3. jacostilllives

jacostilllives

May 4, 2004
    I just bought a search last month the thing rocks hard. I can't believe they haven't caught on in the TB community. It has 10,000^2 watts and 8 30" speakers. It really pisses my guitarist off.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I don't own one, but had the rare opportunity to use one of these at a recent gig. Can't say enuff good stuff about it, but my ears started ringing, then fell off my head 2 days later. I think due to the 30" drivers, man those things are loud.

5. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    OK, we've stretched that joke until it's going to snap.

Serious answer: use the Search feature on here, play some amps, figure out a budget, ask some questions when you have your needs narrowed down.