Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Buying A New AMP

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SUNBURST, Sep 29, 2002.

1. SUNBURST

SUNBURST

Sep 14, 2002
    Going to buy a new Bass Amp. Would appreciate comments on these models. All are 60W and please comment on these models only. Thanks.

1. Fender Bassman 25
    2. Fender Frontman 60B
    3. SWR LA12
    4. Hartke B60

:p

2. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    Swr all the way man. Good stuff, I'm tellin ya. My friends got the LA15, and I got some good tones outa that thang, bling bling.

3. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    The Thunton Quad Bass with the Subbass Destroyer cab can deliver anything you wish in the lower frequencies. Use monster cables and the Thunton will make as SVT sound like old fish in June on a hot day in July or a cold meat sandwich on a hardtop in Arizona in January with pimento loaf and Miracle whip on it served up on sesame bun.

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'm pretty sure the BassMan 25 is 25W & the BassMan 60 is 60Watts. I'd go for the BassAmn 60 over the other 3 choices. The Hartke is bla. I have a Hartke B30 that I get cheap & it blows chunks. I hate it. The SWR LA series seems really cheaply made & it's not very versatile.

5. SUNBURST

SUNBURST

Sep 14, 2002
    OK, How about these.

1. BEHRINGER
    2.CRATE
    3.AMPEG

If these dont cut it in the quality department I will go for the Fender Basman 60. :p

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    So what's it sound like with, say.. Dimarzio cables? Does it just go all to hell then?

;)

brad cook