1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Buying a new bass *Need some Help*

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EnjoyRafiki, May 4, 2010.

1. Hey.
    I am new to forum.
    I have been playing bass for a while now. I play in a band, and we have been starting up a little tour. I thought it be time to get a new bass. I play a lot of funk, alternative kinda stuff... Dirk Lance, Ben Kenney, Flea, Eric Wilson are my big influences.
    I was looking at a Music Man Bass, a Fender P-bass. I want to spend about 600-1200 not too much.
    Any suggestions?
    Please and thank you.
    Peace and love.

2. bassbombs84

bassbombs84

Dec 26, 2008
    i would go with the musicman

3. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Lots of great basses available in that price range. Have you tried any of the upper end ESP Ltds. Ibanez. or Schecter imports? Or are you more going for the wider neck profile of fender P? Between the two you listed, I'd prob more go for the musicman.

4. DenisKrestsov

DenisKrestsov

May 4, 2010
    If you're looking at a bass in that price range and for that music I suggest a Musicman Stingray or a Jazz Bass just cause a P-Bass is amazingly wonderful but not as great for slap and pop like the Jazz, the music man to me has an uncomfortable neck and is a bit pricy, and you cant beat fender

5. The only useful response is, do you have a particular sound in mind? Seems that you do. If so, go play a bunch of basses that sound like that (research what your favorite players play) and buy one. Simple, and fun.